Safe and fishtank in same room - moisture issues?

Viper22

NES Member
Currently I have a 10 gallon tank in the room in which I will be putting the gun safe. I'm wondering if the moisture created by the evaporated water from the tank will be too much to store firearms in the same room. Has anyone run into this issue? If the moisture from the tank is an issue, I'll have to move the tank to another room, or get rid of it completely. Any thoughts?

BTW, the safe I'm looking at getting is the Stack-On 10 gun double door cabinet.

Currently I have a 10 gallon tank in the room in which I will be putting the gun safe.---
I think Cross-X is correct.

What kind of fish do you have?

Respectfully,

jkelly

Currently I've got two Opaline Gourami's in the tank, both are almost full grown, probably around 4 inches now. The tank has been established for probably 4 years now. I had a Emerald Cory Catfish and a Julii Cory Catfish, but they're no longer here. Probably need to get another bottom-feeder sometime soon.

The tank itself is set up with a aztec ruins type theme.

As with any tank, the water evaporates, and I'm just worried if there will be excess moisture in the room.

Trigger fish - good one, I got a good chuckle out of that.

Maybe Trigger Fish?---
Cute!

Currently I've got two Opaline Gourami's in the tank, both are almost full grown, probably around 4 inches now.---
That's a very nice size for Opaline Gouramis, are they a sexed pair?

Respectfully,

jkelly

Most of the well stocked gun stores should have them. Hell, sometimes hardware stores have them. Call around your local shops. Kittery always has them in stock too.

Cute!

That's a very nice size for Opaline Gouramis, are they a sexed pair?

Respectfully,

jkelly

I believe one is male, the other female. Just happened to get that combination from the store.

But I'll definetly get the dehumidifier. A wise investment reguardless.

I have a 40 gallon in the same room as my safe. I would bet it would do absolutely nothing to your guns. I loose about 1 gallon of water per week from the tank. You probably add more moisture than that into the air from cooking in your house or breathing.

Get a golden rod for moisture removal from the tank. Do it regardless of whether you have a fish tank or not.

Back
Top Bottom