• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sad f***ing Day

Amputee Marksman

NES Member
A couple of things occurred today to make this a sad day.

My friend Doug came over to the house for lunch and he relayed the story of how he had just come from the Market Basket and a lady accosted him in the parking lot because he had an American Flag sticker on his car window. She screamed at him about how dare he openly display and support a symbol of hate and called him all the usual names. He was visibly shaken up and disturbed.

After he left I went out in the driveway and did something I have been thinking about for a long time. I got out the razor blade and scraped the GOAL sticker off the side window of my truck and scraped the NRA sticker off the rear window. I carry all the time and can't afford have some bozo swat me because of the stickers on my truck. Very sad day. I have had an NRA sticker on every truck I have owned since I was 18 years old.

WTF is the world coming to. Never thought I'd see this shit in my lifetime.

Wow - that is a sad day indeed. Hoping that the reaction is the exception rather than the norm; guess we will see

I don't have any firearm related stickers on my car for much the same reason

I was reflecting with my wife not too long ago, that 19 years ago after September 11, it was rare to find a house not flying an American flag and it took months to find one if you needed another - a country unified under its flag and the patriotism behind it. Hoping we aren't heading toward unifying over hate of that same flag :(

I'm not calling your friend a liar...... BUT if it did happen, I'm calling him a pussy for not throat punching her, and also a pussy for being "shaken up and disturbed" over words.

This. I do not sport anything firearms related on my vehicles for security reasons (and I have had an LTC since 1981). However, I do sport my veterans plates and US flags. If anyone says ANYTHING about those, I will tell them exactly where they can go. I have had a few mask nazi's give me crap for not wearing a mask and I have thoroughly enjoyed telling them where to go.

My friend Doug came over to the house for lunch and he relayed the story of how he had just come from the Market Basket and a lady accosted him in the parking lot because he had an American Flag sticker on his car window. She screamed at him about how dare he openly display and support a symbol of hate and called him all the usual names. He was visibly shaken up and disturbed.

After he left I went out in the driveway and did something I have been thinking about for a long time. I got out the razor blade and scraped the GOAL sticker off the side window of my truck and scraped the NRA sticker off the rear window. I carry all the time and can't afford have some bozo swat me because of the stickers on my truck. Very sad day. I have had an NRA sticker on every truck I have owned since I was 18 years old.

Which Market Basket?

"Doug" should have told the numbskull to mind her own damned business and to just relocate permanently to some Third World shithole if she cannot respect the American flag, the freedom it represents and those brave souls who sacrificed their lives to defend that freedom!

A lot of people around here have the "CCDL Carry On" stickers.
Connecticut-Citizens-Defense-League-courtesy-gunnews.com_.jpg

That said, I only have these guys on my truck:
20190823_172751.jpg

Oh, and the logo for a certain mountain bike organization on the side window. I guess the danger with that one is someone seeing the name and confusing it with the name of that pro-diddler club. [laugh]

Eh, we live in the Northeast, this is expected since these folks feel emboldened in an echo chamber. In reality, I bet if you were able to somehow gather some hard numbers, she would be in a minority sharing her position, even in the NE.

I'm not calling your friend a liar...... BUT if it did happen, I'm calling him a pussy for not throat punching her, and also a pussy for being "shaken up and disturbed" over words.

I would call him a moderate Liberal. While not hardcore he believes in most of the talking points to some extent. He doesn't push it in your face but if you ask him he will tell you where he stands. He was upset because even he does not believe the Flag to be a symbol of hate. While not an anti he makes no bones that firearms are not for him. He kept saying he couldn't believe it happened and he didn't understand why. He said it's not like I have an NRA sticker on my car, and pointed to the sticker on my truck, that could be considered a hate symbol.

Location was Market Basket in Westford on 110.

people getting bold for a lot of BS topics lately
Last week had a woman stop and bitch at me for walking my dog the "wrong" way on a very tight back road - she was speeding around a blind corner and was surprised when she saw me. I heard her coming and had moved to the shoulder with the dog. I was nice enough not to tell her to Eff-off. I was more concerned with my new dog who was very unnerved by the experienced (she is full of scars from prior abuse)

Few weeks prior a woman followed me home to tell me I was a jerk for riding my bike when she had to go to work as an essential worker - again should have told her to screw but she lives up the road (and she was scared shitless driving her husbands truck thinking she was going to hit me).

I am definitely losing my patience with people who want to stop and lecture me.

Back
Top Bottom