• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

S&W Quality or a thing of the past.

Paying for shipping is the least of my issues, now i have to make sure i'm home that day to sign for the package. That mean taking a day off from work. for me, it was easier to have a smith repair the gun.

Over the years I've owned many S&W wheel guns, all were perfect in fit, finish and function.

My 1911SW has almost 2000 rounds fired using many different type & brands of ammo without any problems.

Paying for shipping is the least of my issues, now i have to make sure i'm home that day to sign for the package. That mean taking a day off from work. for me, it was easier to have a smith repair the gun.

You should be able to have them hold he package for pickup at the nearest UPS Depot. They are usually open until 7PM weeknights.

Yep, that's what I do when I have a firearm coming in. Call them after the delivery attempt, tell them to hold it for pickup.

PPK Recall

It is unfortunate that Smith & Wesson has a recall on the Walther PPK & Walther PPK/S at this time. Many peope state that the prior iteration from Interarms of VA was superior, but forget that there was a recall of those as well.

The Smith & Wesson company does stand behind their products and are paying for return shipping and for the repair. It is frustrating for sure and I am blogging about it at Walther PPK/S for those that are interested.

I haven't had any problems with any of my S&W's that I've purchased over the last year. I've seen some minor QC issues (strictly cosmetic) with some examples at gun shops but nothing serious.

I heard from a S&W employee the recall was for legal reasons only. They however were doing updates to the firearm at the same time. The reason for the recall was some moron not handling a firearm properly but through rounds of legal funded testing there was a slight chance this same accident could happen. Changed the way the safety worked or something. I have an older PPKs and this doesnot apply to me, By the way I love mine and have never had aproblem with it. Related to this thread I own a few revolvers and have never had a problem, I also own e couple of semis that run flawless.

Back
Top Bottom