S&W M&P Holsters

JonJ

NES Member
With the proliferation of new M&Ps around here lately, what's everyone using for a holster?
I ordered a DeSantis Speed Holster yesterday from Midway for my full size. Midway's price was $41.49 plus shipping with my "Dealer" (C&R) discount. I considered a Galco Fletch like I use for my S&W1911 but I've heard good things about the DeSantis and figured the price was right enough to give it a try.
While I was at it, I also ordered a DeSantis Nemesis for my J-Frame $13.79.

I have a blackhawk serpa, but its a bit large for my linkings and ive been looking for another. I have a 9mm compact model and for now, a cheapo Uncle Mike's fits the gun like a glove. I am currently looking for something that fits just as good with a bit more retention.

I currently have a CTAC IWB for carry and a Talon Tactical for competition. I ordered an Alessi Hideout IWB and dual mag holder and should have that for Christmas.

The Alessi is the most comfortable IWB holster I have ever used. If it carries a 2.5" 66, the M&P should be great in it.

Another thread was extolling the virtues of some custom leather makers but for my money, Lou Alessi is worth waiting for.

Regards

They will also fit any Sigma, SW99, or Glock 23 or 27 and even the higher 29 or 30 holsters, so to spend more money on ammo I have been using my glock 29 holster and tightening the retension screw[smile]. Cheap yes I know.

Got my Speed Scabbard from Midway today. 3 days First Class mail, not bad. I wore it around the house today. Looks and feels good. I'll give it a better test during the next week.

I have got to remember to check here before I buy anything. I just ordered the Desantis holster with thumbreak on the S&W website last night. $64.95 before tax and shipping. I guess I could have saved a few bucks if I wasn't such a moron.[crying]

I have got to remember to check here before I buy anything. I just ordered the Desantis holster with thumbreak on the S&W website last night. $64.95 before tax and shipping. I guess I could have saved a few bucks if I wasn't such a moron.[crying]

I always check Midway to see what they have when I'm ready to buy. The S&W logo is pretty cool on the SS and I considered it until I saw what Midway wanted without the logo.
Total for the 2 holsters delivered was $59 and some change.

BTW: I love the Speed Scabbard.

I requested info on the M&P .45 holster from Comp-Tac (call it advance planning), specifically regarding their C-TAC holster. They confirmed for me that the dimensions of the .45 is indeed different from the 9/.40. They also told me that they expect to have the .45 C-TAC holster available within a month from now.

I requested info on the M&P .45 holster from Comp-Tac (call it advance planning), specifically regarding their C-TAC holster. They confirmed for me that the dimensions of the .45 is indeed different from the 9/.40. They also told me that they expect to have the .45 C-TAC holster available within a month from now.

Have a hair dryer ready. It took a little to get mine for the 40 to work.

I have had one for 2 months now and never had a problem with it.Getting in and out of the car ok and very comfortable.good quality.The directions say to put a sock over the gun and work it around.I put a dress sock and left it there for a couple of days and the retension screw works well also

Last edited:
Got my Speed Scabbard from Midway today. 3 days First Class mail, not bad. I wore it around the house today. Looks and feels good. I'll give it a better test during the next week.

Keep us posted. I plan to buy an M&P in the next couple of weeks (as soon as my license comes in) and am leaning toward the speed scabbard. Let me know how it conceals under regular clothes.

I plan on carring a Sig239 for the summer.The M&P full size is a bit hard to do in the summer with that holster.In the cold months very easy to do,I just wore a sweatshirt and that covered it.I have to figure out what hoster to get for the 239 in the summer and I'm a lefty so paddle are limited.Probably a iwb

jhblaze1,
I've had the speed scabbard for several months now. Really like it, comfortable and almost no break-in time. Rides pretty close to the body. But, the only thing I don't like about the holster is the section of the holster closest to your body doesn't run the full length of the slide. The serrations at the back end on my M&P slide are pretty sharp and dig into my side. This is not a problem if I wear two shirts, one between the holster and my skin, and the other covering the holster. But with the warm weather coming I'll be wearing just a tee shirt most of the time.

Maybe I need a warm weather carry gun.[smile]

Kurt

jhblaze1,
I've had the speed scabbard for several months now. Really like it, comfortable and almost no break-in time. Rides pretty close to the body. But, the only thing I don't like about the holster is the section of the holster closest to your body doesn't run the full length of the slide. The serrations at the back end on my M&P slide are pretty sharp and dig into my side. This is not a problem if I wear two shirts, one between the holster and my skin, and the other covering the holster. But with the warm weather coming I'll be wearing just a tee shirt most of the time.

Maybe I need a warm weather carry gun.[smile]

Kurt

Thanks!

Ya i was thinking i might get a little snubby for summer carry in .357 and carry the M&P during jacket or sweatshirt weather...

Back
Top Bottom