S&W M&P APEX DCAEK Review:

Write me down for another do-self DCAEK install: took about an hour (my screw up, had to assemble the trigger mechanism twice) and was not difficult at all, even though this was my first ever full gun disassembly. The result is definitely very nice.

Just bought an M&P 40, wow the MA 10lbs pull is crazy! Thanks for a great review can't wait to install the Apex DCAEK[smile]

Sprocket helped me put my DCAEK in last night. Incredible difference! Well worth the price, no doubt about that!

Installed the kit myself a few days ago. Also added the RAM kit, and in my perception, my M&P now has a nicer trigger than a Glock. Doing the whole shebang was a little pricey (set me back about $110) but it was worth it. Only complaint I have is regarding the RAM... installation caused my magazine disconnect to cease functioning. Hopefully Apex will have a solution soon.

Installed the kit myself a few days ago. Also added the RAM kit, and in my perception, my M&P now has a nicer trigger than a Glock. Doing the whole shebang was a little pricey (set me back about $110) but it was worth it. Only complaint I have is regarding the RAM... installation caused my magazine disconnect to cease functioning. Hopefully Apex will have a solution soon.

Isn't that a good thing?

Thanks for this post! I just bought an MA compliant M&P and DID NOT know what I was getting into. I read all the great reviews and just went for a M&P 9 range kit. After putting the first five rounds downrange, I had to put down the pistol and struggle not to cry (OK, OK. No crying, but you get the picture). You wrote my thoughts nearly verbatim. "What have I done?!" Same deal. The trigger feels like it has sat for a week in a bucket of quicksand. Its the worst trigger I have EVER encountered...EVER. That includes DA revolvers. However, I WAS able to get everything in the black at 30ft after 100 rounds. I just had to REALLY focus. If I can do that with a 10+ LB trigger, then a 6LB trigger will feel like heaven! Your post gives me hope, as everything else about the gun is superb. GREAT fit and finish, and simple to take apart.

Thanks for this review. I have been putting this off for thelast several months. I have experienced much of what you did. So after readingyour review and everyones' comments, I just ordered my Apex DCAEK.Looking forward to getting this installed and enjoying all the benefits!!!!Thanks for such a thorough overview on this!!!

Have no fear guys. I have 3 M&P's and put the Apex kits in all 3. It's a shame that we should have to spend upwards of $100 to "fix" a $500 pistol, but it what it is and you won't believe the difference. I would suggest you watch the "how to install" videos on YouTube. They were a huge help to me.Good luck!Dave

Nice write up Mark. I have been a big proponent of Apex products. I shoot an M&P in Production Division USPSA with an Apex sear and Ram. I was at a match out of state last week and Apex had a vendors table.
I left with the forward sear trigger kit installed, a huge discount and they installed it while I waited, hows that for customer service! This is how Smith and Wesson should have built the gun! Tiny take up, short trigger pull and short reset, absolutely perfect with a distinct reset. They modeled the kit to replicate a 1911 trigger and they got it right.
I have had it at our club and everyone that has tried it can't believe it.
It comes with they new trigger which is aluminum and wider than stock, very comfortable. A new sear and a new striker block. I already sold my original Apex parts to offset the cost of the upgrade which is a little pricey but worth every penny.

After reading this I ordered the Apex DCAEK for my M&P. Watched the you tube videos and installed it myself in about 45 minutes. Took it to the range for the first time today. What a difference changed a gun that I liked to a gun that I love!!!!

I have anothe M&P on the list, giong to order the Apex kit now to be ready.

Thanks for the review!!!

Back
Top Bottom