S&W 351C

So my wife got her Green card today and what that means is now she can finally apply for her LTC! She shoots a bunch with me and likes to shoot 9mm mostly. We have been talking about a carry gun for her and she seems to like the revolver. She will purse carry at times and likes the fact she can shoot through her purse if need be. However she tried my LCR and 642 and wasn't a huge fan. The 38 special felt like a lot of recoil to her, she said is wasn't bad but didn't want to shoot it a lot.

So that leads me to my question. I've been thinking of the 351C for her. She shot a lot of 22lr out of the LCR and she shot it well and liked shooting it but I like the idea of moving up a tad in going with the 22 WMR (she as well). I was wondering what peoples experience with this gun is. I've never seen one or shot one and would like some thoughts from those who have. I also like this over the LCR as it has a 7 round capacity vs the LCR's 6. Or does anyone have any other revolvers to try? And as an FYI she did shoot hornady's reduced recoil 38 special and still wasn't a fan. I'm sure she can be converted with enough time but that may be the next step after she gets used to the 22wmr.

i haven't fired the 351. however i have fired most of the LCR models and I find the LCR trigger to be awesome particularly for a female shooter with less hand strength. the LCR in 22 magnum shoots like a champ....great little carry gun....if i had wrist issues or limitation that affected my ability to run a slide then i would probably want an LCR in 22 WMR. the bullet velocity is good and it will penetrate if you pick a good load.

has she fired a glock yet? for whatever reason every woman I have known loved shooting a G19. My woman's primary HD gun is her G34 and it fits her perfectly.

I am picking up a g19 this weekend. I can't remember if she fired my g17 when I owned that.

I may just go with the LCR as I liked them better the the Smiths. THe only LCR i haven't fired was the 22 WMR. I'm sure it is as good as the rest of the series. Might just go that way cause in my book they are tried and trued.

Back
Top Bottom