S&W 1911 3" Pro Series vs "E" series info request

Any range reviews yet? They both look amazing! Congrats on the purchase!!!!!!!

I haven't shot the 5" yet, but the 3" has been awsome. accurracy is POA, gun shoots alot better than I do.. I've shot roughly 150 rounds through it with zero issues, shooting both hp and fmj, eats em up. Picked up a couple of flush mount magazines and been carrying it most days with an OWH. The grip is comfortable, the muzzle flip isn't bad at all for a 3" shooting 230 gr. I feel totally safe carrying this gun for protection, plus it looks really good... [grin]

No problem with the original magazines either. In fact I own like 5 SW1911's, have never had a problem with their magazines, nor have I ever had any problems period!! I love the fire coming out the end of the barrel and the original sights are easy to aquire.. [rofl]

Last edited:
I have a Colt 3" and it shoots great. Very accurate, lightweight, and controllable. A friend, after shooting mine, bought a 3" Smith. I was impressed with the performance, and he was more than pleased with his purchase.

Myself, I can't wait to get my hands on the E-series scandium with the bob tail! Just none around me on the shelves yet.

I have a Colt 3" and it shoots great. Very accurate, lightweight, and controllable. A friend, after shooting mine, bought a 3" Smith. I was impressed with the performance, and he was more than pleased with his purchase.

Myself, I can't wait to get my hands on the E-series scandium with the bob tail! Just none around me on the shelves yet.

I'm with ya for the Bob tail... haven't had the opportunity to see one and buy it at the same time. When I saw the 5" E, cheap money, I bought it. It was the same with this 3" custom Pro, they actually describe it as an E series model, I always wanted a 3" Pro, but couldn't pull the trigger until I saw this one..

I ended up getting the all black 3" pro it is an amazing weapon. I have a 5" S&W 108282 and the recoil is not that much worse very shootable. I went looking for the Lew Horton but couldn't find one. I would buy this gun again in a heartbeat if I had to do it over again. Real big difference in weight between the two, the 3" is so much lighter than my all steal 5". I don't even know the 3" is there when carrying it.

I ended up getting the all black 3" pro it is an amazing weapon. I have a 5" S&W 108282 and the recoil is not that much worse very shootable. I went looking for the Lew Horton but couldn't find one. I would buy this gun again in a heartbeat if I had to do it over again. Real big difference in weight between the two, the 3" is so much lighter than my all steal 5". I don't even know the 3" is there when carrying it.

awsome, I concur.... [grin] I found several of them on Gunbroker, priced reasonably too.. around $1050.00. But heck in another 6 months they should have the wood grips from mine available,...
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=265696304

I must be honest yes they are out there, but like kids today I wanted instant gratification. Not often do I give in but I am happy with the purchase I made. Hell my new black beauty is on my hip now.

Last edited:
I must be honest yes they are out there but I wanted instant gratification. Not often do I give in but I am happy with the purchase I made. Hell my new black beauty is on my hip now.

ditto here, mine has been in the vault just a couple times since I bought it.

So this is how my brain works....on vacation this week...go to range...nobody there...a shiny 45acp round is sitting on the range bench...never handled a 45 acp round and thought " wow, this is cool and put it in my range bag...get home from range...got an unexpected bonus...wife says buy whatever you want...research 1911s as they are a classic 45acp pistol and find out they were adopted by the army on my daughters birthday...so now i must get one! Makes perfect sense, right?

Back
Top Bottom