Russian - 9130 Sniper rifle

You mean like the one on bottom in this pic?

de4ef588.jpg

Thats one of the first imported ones. I got it from FAC and had it go through Carl at Four Seasons before I got my C&R. I can't remember the importer, I think it is a TN Guns or Cherry's import. Its a real sniper, but it looks better than it shoots. The mounts and scopes on the scoped 91/30s are usually aftermarket and not original to the rifle, including the ones on mine. The Century ones sometimes need a lot of work to shoot well. Shimming, or grinding a side of the mount is often required to seat it correctly and make it hold zero.
True Russian sniper rifles with original mounts and scopes fetch over $700, and thats starting price. Ever since the do it yourself models have popped up since the Enemy at the Gates rush, the prices are even higher for most matched originals.

There's a lot of fakes in these one must be aware. Go to www.gunboards.com they have a mosin section with the model listed of the orginal snipers if your looking at an orginal so your sure your not buying a fake sniper.

I'm hearing the ones offered now are really accurate and decent for the price. If I didn't build one years ago i'd buy one now for sure.

First rifle listed on the home page.

XXX - Removed dealer name - 007

Last edited by a moderator:
I was tempted, but held off on getting one of the sniper versions.
They seem to be just a bit over $300 now.
I'll just continue on with the irons on my 91/30.

Back
Top Bottom