• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ruger SR9 32 Round Mag

Now that I am New Hampshire-ite, and I have realized that the market value of my Ruger SR-9 is not worth selling, I am just upping my mag capacity. I have already gotten some un-neutered 17 round mags, and I have come across this gem:

Have any of you freedom lovers tried this? The mags are only $25, so I think I am going to give it a whirl.

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/pro...teel-smi-a14-708279011641.do?from=Search&cx=0

Last edited by a moderator:
Pro-mag [rofl]

Save your $25 and buy another factory 17 rounder that works

^THIS
there are few aftermarket manufacturers that I categorically avoid. Promag is one of them. the fact that Promag is still in business is a testament to the fact that relatively few purchased magazines are actually tested.

Thanks for the input. My Promag experience has been limited to a couple of 10 round LC9 mags. (Yes, all of my handguns are crap). They have worked fine at the range, but I wouldn't trust them in a defensive situation.

The 32 round mag would definitely be just a toy. I may still try one anyway. I have several 17 round factory mags now.

Guess you could just flash that monstrosity and watch someone die laughing, Lord knows it ain't gonna feed right. [rofl2]

Wish I knew this about Pro Mag before buying LC9 mags from them. One is crap, won't feed last round properly, and locks slide open as it is f%ing up. The other seems OK, but don't trust it.

Get it. It is a toy, so no biggie. It will either work, and be a hoot, or will help you with failure drills.
Bad magazines sometimes are worthwhile. I bought a bunch of 1911 mags that were $5 each. They were great to practice clearing jams.

I did get it. I haven't modified it yet to fit my Ruger, but it does look pretty damn cool. The thing is like a foot long.

No matter how well it feeds, I'm sure I will never use it in a defensive situation. Hell, I have four 17 rounders that I'll probably never use in a defensive situation.

Someday,when I find a new shooting spot in NH, and I make the modification so this will lock into my gun, I'll report back on how well or poorly this works.

Back
Top Bottom