• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ruger OD Green Frame Question

Let me blunt. The gun's color will be a non-issue if you need to use it. Quit worrying about crap that doesn't matter.

I'm not worried about it at all Jose, just asking what others think is all. I know it will get the job done in any color, but if it was pink with bunny-rabbits on it I think it would no longer be a "non-issue" right? Like I said, just curious what you guys think.

I am getting the SR9 for sure, just not sure on the color.

Have you tried one with a MA trigger on it? Do you know any gunsmiths that do trigger jobs on the SR9? I tried talking a newer shooter into the M&P but he insisted on getting the SR9. He bought it and hated it, ended up getting the M&P. I'm not sure if he sold his SR9.

Have you tried one with a MA trigger on it? Do you know any gunsmiths that do trigger jobs on the SR9? I tried talking a newer shooter into the M&P but he insisted on getting the SR9. He bought it and hated it, ended up getting the M&P. I'm not sure if he sold his SR9.

I never shot the SR9, but it feels great and the trigger feels good too. I fired the M&P9c and thought it was good as well, but the SR9 just felt better in my hands and its about $100 bucks cheaper.

Did he say why he hated the SR9?

The trigger, and as far as I know he couldn't find anyone who worked on the SR9. There are lots of local gunsmiths that can do wonders with the MA M&P trigger.

eisenhow I didn't have an issue with the stock trigger on the M&P. It felt fine to me. I did try the Sigma and that was a long trigger. I wish I could fire the SR9 before buying it, but nobody has it to rent. I tried the Ruger P95DC and my thumb can hardly reach the slide release. (I have short fingers).

Get the OD colored frame.

Then paint it pink.

When people laugh at you - shoot them with it.

See if they still laugh at you.

You will soon find out the color of the gun doesn't matter and you should get whatever color you want.

I'm not worried about it at all Jose, just asking what others think is all.
Honestly? I could not care less. I have dull black pistols. I have stainless steel pistols. I have nickel plated pistols.

It's just something 99% of us pay no attention to.

Buy whatever makes you happy and don't worry about the rest of us.

I'm not worried about it at all Jose, just asking what others think is all. I know it will get the job done in any color, but if it was pink with bunny-rabbits on it I think it would no longer be a "non-issue" right? Like I said, just curious what you guys think.

It's a ruger SR9. If you're worried about "image" you've picked the wrong handgun to begin with. It's never gonna be a "barbecue" gun.

If you want it, I'd just buy it and stop worrying about it. All of us saps that bought Glocks gave up on that cosmetics crap a long time ago. [laugh]

-Mike

Who do you think would make an issue out of that? And why?

I'm really curious about your train of thought because I cannot understand it.

Jose, I was just asking what people thought of the OD Green; that's all. If you are so pissed about my post why did you reply? Skip on by. I just wanted to hear some thoughts on it is all. I will but what I want.

Do you have an issue with me asking others what they think? I don't get you and not sure why you are busting balls.

but if it was pink with bunny-rabbits on it I think it would no longer be a "non-issue" right?

i have no problems whatsoever shooting my girlfriends pink ruger 10/22 or her pink sig mosquito...i've even brought them to the range on my own to shoot...

Get the OD colored frame.

Then paint it pink.

When people laugh at you - shoot them with it.

See if they still laugh at you.

You will soon find out the color of the gun doesn't matter and you should get whatever color you want.

YUP!

Back
Top Bottom