Ruger LCR 22 thoughts?

yogi

NES Member
I want to buy it as I love revolvers, I love small guns, the trigger pull to me is really sweet, and it i think it will help improve my handgun training. But when I really looked it over, I thought some of the maching was off for what you are paying. Anybody have first hand experience and how it holds up? Thanks

I had one for about a year and I liked it, it shot well. If you have a LCR in another caliber it would be good for training. I ended up selling mine because I got a sp101 in 357 and the triggers are completely different. The finish on the frame by the firing pin and where it rotates did wear out relatively fast, but other than that mechanically held up fine.

I bought both the .38 and the .22 at the same time thinking that I could practice with the .22. I could not shoot the .22 for long as it gave me a sore trigger finger and wasn't fun. I sold the .22 but kept the .38. The LCR22 worked fine, it was just me. Other than a practice gun for the .38 I could not justify owning it for any other purpose.

I have an LCR22 and i LOVE it.
highly recommend.
its great to practice for my LCR38 without breaking the bank or my wrist.

also it shoots any 22 ammo including shotshell since it doesnt cycle any action. Dud round? No issue.
hte only downside is its kinda a bitch to clean due to the 8 tiny chambers in the cylinder, but thats not the fault of the gun more just my fingers are too fat.

one other great thing about the LCR22 is its a perfect first time handgun for a noob who wants to shoot a wheel gun but afraid of blast or flash of a 38/357

Thanks all. I handled one again today but I can't get over the price vs. the fit and finish. Going to pass for now.

I have an LCR22 and an LCR38. Both handle beautifully and were made well - no issues at all. Fit and finish are perfect on both. We've had some pieces where we had to smooth a spot or two from rough machining but not with our LCR's.

I don't get the point of a 22 snubbie.

point for me is practice. Short sight radius, long pull, light gun means i have to control my booger hook. Also good for noobs since feels nice to shoot.

i agree functionally i have no use for it outside of the range. Maybe 22 snakeshot if i lived on ranch but i dont.

Back
Top Bottom