Ruger AR-556

Is ruger selling their new cheap AR in mass?

To ignore the ban states of California, New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts, all with relatively similar restrictions, is to ignore a market with a combined population of 73.5 million people, so my guess is yes, they will, despite only showing the free state version so far on their website.

Ruger seems to make most of their stuff AWB compliant including their other AR variants so I'd say very likely.

If not just find a shop that will pin the stock and pin/weld a muzzle brake for you on a free state version. Bingo!

funny, just emagine if ruger just did this before the SR 556? I think they would sell more
I don't see the appeal unless your a ruger fan.
but if I do see one and its priced right I could see myself snagging one for a range beater.

I think this will sell well at the price point and because its good quality full featured AR with customer service to back it up. Most of the other ARs around that price point have features culled, no customer service, or dodgy quality on parts to keep the cost down. I wonder what this will portend for their mini-14 line. Those now cost more and aren't really the greatest choice anymore unless one lives in a ban state or "AWB" city like Boston.

To ignore the ban states of California, New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts, all with relatively similar restrictions, is to ignore a market with a combined population of 73.5 million people, so my guess is yes, they will, despite only showing the free state version so far on their website.

a very small percentage of gun owners. last numbers I have seen for mass is still in the low 300,000? I would say 50% of those might buy/own a AR. So the actual market is lower than one might think.

You could probably ask one of the shops in Mass or NH who will order any rifle and Massify it for you. Northeast Arms in peabody will probably do it, I think it costs about $60 to weld/pin the muzzle brake and stock. They have some free muzzle brakes, or you can put a nice one on.

I'd do this rather than wait for an expensive neutered version with the ghey muzzle-less barrel and stock fixed at full length.

- - - Updated - - -

a very small percentage of gun owners. last numbers I have seen for mass is still in the low 300,000? I would say 50% of those might buy/own a AR. So the actual market is lower than one might think.

I bet the percentage is much lower. Most owners (who aren't the type to be on a forum) don't have an interest in an AR.

You could probably ask one of the shops in Mass or NH who will order any rifle and Massify it for you. Northeast Arms in peabody will probably do it, I think it costs about $60 to weld/pin the muzzle brake and stock. They have some free muzzle brakes, or you can put a nice one on.

I'd do this rather than wait for an expensive neutered version with the ghey muzzle-less barrel and stock fixed at full length.

- - - Updated - - -

I bet the percentage is much lower. Most owners (who aren't the type to be on a forum) don't have an interest in an AR.
I agree, rather pin the muzzle device and throw on an a2 buttstock than have a gay MA version.

Back
Top Bottom