Ruger Adjustable Sights

I inherited a Security Six Snubby.
The sites seem a little maybe shooting real low. I adjusted the sites to rugers specs and brought the rear site up to become even to the front site..I even tried using a bore sighter lol..Any tips or suggestions..

Now no doubt it could be me too. I have not shot a pistol in quite sometime but after 200 rounds i think i should have been ok..it kind of sucks too that the rear and front sites are black which blend right into the center mass...

thank
rick

Last edited:
Rick,
If there is an experienced pistol shooter at your range, ask if he could fire a few shots to check the sights for you. This will give you some idea whether the problem is with the gun.
While every shooter sees the sights slightly different, most would still be near the bull.
If you decide to "bench" the gun, use a large sandbag to steady your aim and rest your wrist on it. Don't rest the gun because that will change the point of impact quite a bit.
Most .357 Magnums are set up with sights that are best for a 158gr factory load. Lighter or heavier bullets can affect the point of aim a lot. If you are not already experienced shooting double action, you should try to get the sights adjusted starting with the hammer cocked (single action.)
Don't be embarassed to move in to seven yards to start, if your range allows this.
With good ammo , the right technique and plenty of practice, you will be putting them all in the black in short order.

Good shooting, Jack

Definitely sight it from the bench, and use a small dot on white paper as your target so you can get some contast for the sights.

I was thinking of bench sighting but i would have to pick up some sand bags and equiipment like that. I belong to Mass Rifle and still figuring it all out. The outside range does allow for 30 feet shooting so i can start there. like i said i was shooting .38 just to get it sighted and make it easier on me. and i did switch off between DA and SA. I think ill try again wednesday night and see if i can get it closer..

Back
Top Bottom