Ruger 10/22 High Capacity?

I don't know of anyone who just holds the green card, but I still counted it. [wink]

And I see your point in doing so.

I trust you see mine it treating it as NOT a full license because it is not independent. As with much of our NON-rights regarding firearms, even what we think we have is illusory. [wink]

Understood. Now about fighting this excessive multiple license issue. Do you feel that enough interest could be brought to the matter, where the current amount of licenses could eventually be consolidated?

not to add fuel to the fire... but since i started the debate... when i called four seasons ( dont know if it was carl i spoke with) i was told that the 10/22 was not allowed to be sold to an FID holder, not just that they didnt feel comfortable selling it. that part bothered me a little bit. It would be one thing to say they dont feel comfortable selling it, or they are not entirely sure, but instead i was straight out told I was not allowed to purchase it period.

not to add fuel to the fire... but since i started the debate... when i called four seasons ( dont know if it was carl i spoke with) i was told that the 10/22 was not allowed to be sold to an FID holder, not just that they didnt feel comfortable selling it. that part bothered me a little bit. It would be one thing to say they dont feel comfortable selling it, or they are not entirely sure, but instead i was straight out told I was not allowed to purchase it period.

Maybe it was an employee of Carl's and maybe he (the employee) is not allowed to sell a 10/22 to a FID holder per store rules. This is far from fact, just throwing it out there.

Good call, but an MG license is dependent upon the existence of an LTC for all the MG licensees I know. Further, issuance of the MG license for non-dealers or instructors is dependent upon the applicant being a "bona fide collector." No existing license, no collection; no "bona fide collector."

This renders the MG license, at least in practice, a subset of an existing license. If you know an MG license holder who does NOT have a regular license also, I would love to hear about it.

What about the "emergency" license (for lack of a better term), that allowed a person to keep a firearm in their home with the condition that the firearm could not leave the premises?

Is that so rare or nonexistent that it's not even an issue?

The real problems are all the police officers who have been told "Semi-auto = high capacity" as far too many seem to have been told due to the "can accept" phrase. You can wave the 'list' under their nose and quote M.G.L. c.140, §131¾ until you are blue in the face and they won't believe you.

Speaking of clueless police officers offering legal advice.. I heard one the other day that I found hard to believe. When the License fee jumped from $25 to $100, was there a period of time that it was $45? I don't ever recall such a fee, but have heard a few officers mention it. I told them it was likely an illegal local fee, but they insist it was a statewide fee hike.

Oh, and there are 7 'gun' licenses in this state.

1) FID-Restricted
2) FID
3) LTC B
4) LTC A
5) Non-Res LTC A (it is different because it has a 1 year term and can be issued to a non US citizen)
6) Non-Citizen FID
7) LTC machine Gun

Last edited:
Selling a 10/22 to only LTC holders is like wearing a helmet in your car along with your seatbelt. The reason being that a police officer might confuse your car with a motorcycle.
"Better safe than sorry"[thinking]

"Better safe than sorry" Yea only if your the shop owner.
No disrespect, but the law is the law & many of them here are just plain dumb. Just like CA your state politicians gave you all a bunch of dumb gun laws that nobody can fully understand.
SMITTY

Last edited:
Can anyone name ANY lawsuit brought for the sale of a 10/22 - or any other NON "large capacity" long arm - to an FID holder?

Can anyone name ANY dealer chastised by the AG - or any other authority - for making such a sale?

If not, this supposedly "cautious business policy" is devoid of any substantive basis.

Good call, but an MG license is dependent upon the existence of an LTC for all the MG licensees I know. Further, issuance of the MG license for non-dealers or instructors is dependent upon the applicant being a "bona fide collector." No existing license, no collection; no "bona fide collector."

This renders the MG license, at least in practice, a subset of an existing license. If you know an MG license holder who does NOT have a regular license also, I would love to hear about it.

In practice, or in law? Since you usually are asking for the legal citation, maybe you could provide one.

Back
Top Bottom