• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

RRA AR15 uppers?

Neptune Cat

NES Member
After looking at thier website it seem to me that all of thier uppers, except the varminter, are illeagle in MA. Am I right in saying this?

I am about to by a lower (stripped or full, don't know yet). I wanted a RRA because everyone seems to like them and have nothing but praise for them. If I do this will I need to get an upper from somewhere else?

Any suggestions?

Just ask them for a post ban configuration. I think they should have that as an option in the catalog. If not just call and ask them. It's most likely less expensive.

Buy the lower stripped. That way you wont pay the 11% manufactures tax on the other stuff, just the receiver. Only downside is some of the parts are a bit of a pain to get in if you don't have the right tool

B

Last edited:
Contact pete in NH [email protected] he stocks and can configure RRA uppers in any config you want. Good guy to deal with too. HE has some post ban options for you also.
He can also sell you lowers. (you can go up and pick it up)

After looking at thier website it seem to me that all of thier uppers, except the varminter, are illeagle in MA. Am I right in saying this?

I am about to by a lower (stripped or full, don't know yet). I wanted a RRA because everyone seems to like them and have nothing but praise for them. If I do this will I need to get an upper from somewhere else?

Any suggestions?

+1 for Pete, I called him yesterday looking to get a US property marked lower. I drove up there and came home with a super looking RRA lower. Now to decide which upper to put on it.[grin]

thank you all!!!

I called Pete and it was a great experience. I enjoyed talking with him and he is very knowledgeable and not the least bit pushy. I would recommend anyone who is looking in to AR's to go to him.

Is it true I don't have to do an FA-10 for just a lower until I make it a complete rifle. I just got one from Pete also. Is there a reference for that not being a requirement?

Is it true I don't have to do an FA-10 for just a lower until I make it a complete rifle. I just got one from Pete also. Is there a reference for that not being a requirement?

It was discussed many times in gun laws forum. Per MGL a lower is not a firearm since it can not discharge a projectile. One has to file a FA-10 for a FIREARM.

Well, some dealers just don't know. Per the sending dealer, I had to have a MA FFL dealer receive a lower for me, and they filled out an FA-10, saying it was due to the SN on the receiver.
Uppers, of course, come right to your door.

Back
Top Bottom