• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ripton, VT: Sparks Pit Shoot with a Mini Appleseed April 28

From Nickle, who can't post here at the moment:

Folks, we'll be holding our local FAL Group Spring get together on 28 April at the usual location. We intend to have a Mini Appleseed at the same time.

Start time: 10:00 AM, 28 April

Location: Sparks Pit, Ripton, VT (Google 3150 The Natural Turnpike Ripton, VT)
http://www.google.com/maps?q=3150+The+Natural+Turnpike,+Ripton,+VT+05766,+USA&sa=X&oi=map&ct=title

The pit is very primitive, bring your own amenities. Contact us ahead of time, you can PM Nickle here, or better, respond to the thread. We usually get together for a lunch, and ice water will be available, bring your own cup.

Bring plenty of ammo, and your handguns are also welcome. If you live in the area, and are considering a rifle purchase, but aren't sure what you want, here's your chance to come up and find out what you like. Most rifles are usually represented (except maybe HK), including AR's, M1's, M14 clones, AK's, a Dragunov, Tokarev's and of course, about every flavor FAL out there. Plus several varieties of bolt guns.

(I'm not sure if this should go in training, or if there's a better board for general fun shoot get togethers)

Last edited:
crak

This event is with in a couple of miles of my home. I work Saturdays. Would Love to be there.
Either you or Nickles need to write me, I work at Ethan Allen Firing Range and we have every type of Range you can imagine. We have 12000 acres of shooting pleasure. It is mainly for Military and Law Enforcement Training but we do host the 'Operation Bullseye" in Oct as well as the Vermont State High Powered Matches and others. I am sure we could arrange for an Appleseed Event to take place there as well. At EAFR we have Electronic Target Ranges, KD Ranges back to 1000 meters, Pistol Ranges, Rifle Ranges, Artillary Ranges, Tank Ranges, etc etc. We are always looking for ways to build up good PR.

Waaaahhh! I can't make it, Nickle... sorry, but I have a committment I can't get out of that day. [crying]

Maybe Labor Day weekend?

Wingwiper, please get in touch with Nickle. He's Vermont Guard and has been trying to get EAFR for a public appleseed shoots for a while now and I think he recently succeeded in scheduling one for the fall. Hell, maybe you two know each other already, but if you don't, you definitely should be talking to each other. I let him know about your post and hopefully you'll connect.

I unfortunately can't make this Ripton event either due to having an event at Harvard on the same day (doing the same thing!) But I hope there's a weekend to do some camping/shooting like we did last year. And I'll make sure there's plenty of bug repellant to go around this time. [smile]

Crak

I am Vermont Guard as well and we must know each other. I have been at EAFR for about 12 years now. Is his first name Steve?

crak

This event is with in a couple of miles of my home. I work Saturdays. Would Love to be there.
Either you or Nickles need to write me, I work at Ethan Allen Firing Range and we have every type of Range you can imagine. We have 12000 acres of shooting pleasure. It is mainly for Military and Law Enforcement Training but we do host the 'Operation Bullseye" in Oct as well as the Vermont State High Powered Matches and others. I am sure we could arrange for an Appleseed Event to take place there as well. At EAFR we have Electronic Target Ranges, KD Ranges back to 1000 meters, Pistol Ranges, Rifle Ranges, Artillary Ranges, Tank Ranges, etc etc. We are always looking for ways to build up good PR.

Wingwiper, a Full Appleseed is coming to EAFR in October. Already got the KD range reserved. I for some reason thought it was 600 yards, but, that's OK. And, so you know, I work at CJ, at the CSMS. Small world.

Since you've somewhat offered, I'd like to take you up on getting it through. I'll PM you with my info.

PM sent, and it's Roger Farnsworth. crak, you could've looked at the Dealer's area, and seen Farnsworth Ammo. And, I live in Bristol.

http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=46

Last edited:
An update. Due to heavy snow up here, it may get postponed a couple of weeks. Last week there was still 22" of snow at the pit, and more has fallen since then.

Back
Top Bottom