Rifle and Pistol Combinations

ranger4-7

Army Veteran
Anybody else spend any time matching their long guns with pistols as combinations? For me, I have often debated what would I pick up, before all others, If I really needed some serious firepower (recognizing how miniscule the chances are of that happening). It's more an exercise in looking at the collection, and seeing what goes with what. It's also a way for me to pinpoint future purchases.

Here's what I've come up with formy collection (and items I still want to purchase at a future date, which are underlined). The pieces I don't own yet are underlined. I wanted to upload pictures of tem all, but couldn't do so as an attachment and not exceed the file size. Doing individual pictures would make the post a mile long.

Anyone care to share if you do anything similar? I'd really love to get feedback on my choices for pairing the guns.

Here are my choices, I'd love to know your thoughts..

1. Colt AR15A2 Gov't & Colt 1991A1 = My Army service Combo
2. Colt SP1 and SIG P226 = Lightweight Combo
3. Bushmaster AR15E2s and HK USPC .45 = Compact Combo
4. HK91 and HK Mark 23 = German Heavy Combo
5. Springfield M1A and SIG P220 = US Heavy Combo
6. Springfield SAR-48 (FAL Para) and Browning High Power= Merc. Combo
7. Polytech AKS-762 and CZ75 = Com Bloc Combo #1
8. Norinco Type56-1and Norinco Type 213 (9mm version of Tokerev) = Com Bloc Combo #2
9. Norinco Model 97 Trench Gun and Colt 1911 = WWI Combo
10. Remington 1903 ('42 dated) and S&W M&P (.38) = WWII Combo #1
11. M1 Garand and "captured" P-38 = WWII Combo #2
12. Auto Ordnance T1SB and S&W 1917 = WWII Combo #3
13. M1 Carbine and Webley Mark IV = US/Brit Korea Combo (also wife's SHTF combo)
14. Bobcat BW5 and HK P7M8 = 9mm Combo #1
15. Uzi Model B and Beretta 92FS = 9mm Combo #2
16. SPAS-12 and S&W 1911PD = SWAT Team Combo #1
17. Remington 700P and Para Ordnance P-13.45 = SWAT Team Combo #2
18. Uberti Model 1873 rifle and Ruger Vaquero = Western Lawman Combo
19. Remington Spartan 12 Gauge and Uberti 1875 Outlaw = Western Outlaw Combo.

Last edited:
Currently have the following combinations:
Kel-Tec Sub2000 and Sig P226, both use the same mags in .40S&W
Marlin 1894 and any one of several Ruger revolvers, in .44 MAG
Winchester 1894 and any one of many revolvers in .357 Mag

The above are all fun and useful same caliber pairs. In a serious situation though, I would probably grab the FAL with 18 loaded mags and a couple of Sigs in .40 cal., probably the P226 and P239, with a half dozen mags for each.

An Über Tactical Glock/AR-15 carbine duo...

gm4.JPG

[devil]

This "thing" is for real, btw... not a joke!

http://www.hsgear.biz/ProductInfo~productid~85-UTA.html

Loaded for bear: M1 Garand and S&W 686P (.357)
Loaded for Human: M1 Carbine & SW1911.
Loaded for Mice: Ruger 10-22 and Beretta 21A in .22LR.

Pretending I'm the Spider: SW1911 and Para P12.45 (yeah, I know it's got to be two full size .45s, but hey... BTW, I'm reading a collection of Spider stories written by modern authors)

Dwarven, I'm right with you on the first two (subbing my SW520 for your 686P) but on the third I would say Beretta AL391 and SW 317. Sure, a 12 gauge might be overkill on one mice, but what if a horde rushes you?

An Über Tactical Glock/AR-15 carbine duo...

gm4.JPG

[devil]

This "thing" is for real, btw... not a joke!

http://www.hsgear.biz/ProductInfo~productid~85-UTA.html

This seems sort of gimicky to me. :) Oddly enough they will only sell to law enforcement or military.

My gut tells me that this would take quite a bit of extra training for troops / police to use effectively. I think it would also increase the chances of accidental discharges since now you have to worry about two triggers.

Anyhow if you REALLY wanted one you could probably make something in your garage pretty easily. :p

Where's the anti-aircraft mount? [laugh2]

I think that is the only bling-bling missing from this Frankengun!

I can't imagine any self-respecting LEO wanting one of these.

This seems sort of gimicky to me. :) Oddly enough they will only sell to law enforcement or military.

My gut tells me that this would take quite a bit of extra training for troops / police to use effectively. I think it would also increase the chances of accidental discharges since now you have to worry about two triggers.

Anyhow if you REALLY wanted one you could probably make something in your garage pretty easily. :p

IIRC, mounting a handgun like that makes it an NFA item (SBR).

I was puzzled myself why they'd only sell it to law enforcement/military only.

Perhaps because it adds more eliteness to it. [smile]

Loaded for bear: M1 Garand and S&W 686P (.357)
Loaded for Human: M1 Carbine & SW1911.
Loaded for Mice: Ruger 10-22 and Beretta 21A in .22LR.

Dwarven, I'm right with you on the first two (subbing my SW520 for your 686P) but on the third I would say Beretta AL391 and SW 317. Sure, a 12 gauge might be overkill on one mice, but what if a horde rushes you?
I suppose I could substitute in my Mossberg 500, but as you say... for one mouse? Maybe if it was Mickey Mouse on PCP... [laugh]

IIRC, mounting a handgun like that makes it an NFA item (SBR).

I was puzzled myself why they'd only sell it to law enforcement/military only.

Perhaps because it adds more eliteness to it. [smile]

'Scuse me, but I believe the correct term is 1337n3$$

Calico M900 9mm carbine and M950 pistol: Energizer bunny combination

Russian AK-47 w/drum and Striker-12 shotgun: Politically incorrect combination

"Broomhandle" Mauser and Sterling sub-gun with British Rover wiper blades and a fire extinguisher nozzle: Star Wars combination

Last edited:
Check out the guy at the top of the HS website in the beginning of this thread...did Trot Nixon leave Cleveland and go Merc on us??

Back
Top Bottom