• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

RIA 1903

Pilgrim

NES Member
RETIRED, at home or wherever I want to be
I just picked up a really nice RIA 1903. (pics when i get a chance.)

The SRS number checker is apparently down. All internet stats that I can find say that there were a total of approx 340,000 RIA's made thru 1919. Mine is serial number 403,xxx. I can't find a reference to numbers that high anywhere.

It was rearsenalled an has a SA 02-27 barrel on it.

Any one got any info on when it was made?t

That's because they disabled the database search. Money talks nowadays.
For a small fee, Springfield Research Service will provide a letter stating the known history associated with any of the arms in our data base and cite the source of this information. In some cases a photocopy of the original document will also be provided.

Note that some other people are offering similar services, based largely or in whole on our research. For this reason and others we have found it necessary to remove some data previously provided on this site for free. With SRS you are dealing directly with the historians who actually dig through millions of documents to find these bits of information, understand the context of the data, and have the experience to interpret them for you.

ETA: Found this tidbit.
RIA's last serial number was 430742, which was struck on 31 July 1919

Last edited:
Got confirmation that the last receivers were built in 1920, last assembled by RIA in 1919. Approx the last 2500 were sent to Springfield where they were assembled over the next few years with SA barrels.

The article that was quoted me says that these were some of the rarest of the 1903's.

Looks like I lucked out !!!!

Last edited:
Got confirmation that the last receivers were built in 1920, last assembled by RIA in 1919. Approx the last 2500 were sent to Springfield where they were assembled over the next few years with SA barrels.

The article that was quoted me says that these were some of the rarest of the 1903's.

Looks like I lucked out !!!!

Score.....[bow]

Please post range report...SOON

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom