Revolver/ 1911 Custom Work

Redbos99

Banned
Hi Guys,

Got a brand new Colt Python 4 inch and a S&W Model 66 2.5 inch. What to have some basic custom work done, action jobs, chamfer the cylinder, radius the trigger , etc. Any imput would be great.

The 1911 is a Kimber Custom Stainless which I carry. Want to have the FS Checkered, some reliability work , etc, any ideas?

Thanks,

WIll

Thanks, just called him. his prices seem a ton better that Clark in LA.!

Also bear in mind being able to bring your gun down to Greg and pick it up is a lot cheaper than it is to have to ship it. Non FFLs get raped by UPS and Fedex on handguns, as they must go overnight or whatever, and you typically get hit for $35+ (I think its more now!), assuming you don't break the law and lie about the contents of the package. (Federal law dictates firearms declaration is required to common carriers, even if it is just a frame!)

-Mike

Thanks Mike.

Yes, I am tired of spending shipping on both sides sending guns back and forth, could buy more ammo of mags!

Thanks for the FA-10 too~

+1 for Greg, and MarshVegas is a nice place to visit too.

Stop down the street at the Halfway Cafe for lunch

(Federal law dictates firearms declaration is required to common carriers, even if it is just a frame!)
True, but UPS regulations don't require that non-operable firearm frames be shipped using an overnight service.

True, but UPS regulations don't require that non-operable firearm frames be shipped using an overnight service.

This is curious... so do they let you send it ground? Where's the blurb of regs for this? Could be useful to post it here somewhere, would probably save a lot of people a lot of money on shipping. (you could just mail the parts and then UPS a partial frame wherever).

ETA- is non operable stripped, or merely a frame that isn't a complete working firearm?

-Mike

FFLs can send handguns via USPO, non-FFLs (and C&R FFLs don't get this privilege) can NOT legally ship handguns via USPO. BIG difference in cost between USPO and UPS/FedEx air.

Check with Greg wrt Colt work. He does great work on S&W revolvers and 1911 model guns . . . this I know from personal experience.

Also check with Greg on when he's shooting at Braintree R&P or Sharon F&G . . . he competes at both clubs and it'll cut your trips in half. I met him at both clubs to drop off or pickup guns from him.

Anyone know of any good 1911 gunsmiths in NH? Preferably as close to Portsmouth as possible. ManchVegas isn't that much of a drive though.

Back
Top Bottom