• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Revisiting my CCW choices

American Rifleman named it their 2007 gun of the year. It looked very impressive. I read their review just last night.

Personally, if I want a small 1911, I'll get a S&W commander size in scandium. Oops, I already have one ! [smile]

Last edited:
try the para warthog,small light and best of all it's a 45 that carries 10 rounds.i carry mine all of the time with no problem.good luck with your search

I just got a SW638. Now I can carry north of the border with something more powerful than a SW317 and not as heavy as a 1911.

The only reliable Walther I've shot was a P-38. The PPK/S and the P22 which my dad own are both shit.

I have a German PPK/S made in 1971 and it never gave me any problems at all. I've fired 1-2K of reloads (RNL and JHPs) and carried it for many years.

The P22 I don't want to discuss . . . do a deep-dive Search here for my story on that gun, including the alleged fix that made it reliable finally (for the next owner).

I carry a P99 .40 frequently and again, it's been 100% reliable with everything I've fed it.

I have a German PPK/S made in 1971 and it never gave me any problems at all. I've fired 1-2K of reloads (RNL and JHPs) and carried it for many years.

The P22 I don't want to discuss . . . do a deep-dive Search here for my story on that gun, including the alleged fix that made it reliable finally (for the next owner).

I carry a P99 .40 frequently and again, it's been 100% reliable with everything I've fed it.

One of my best friends has a PPK/S that works fine as long as you feed
ammo it likes, which is either FMJ or certain kinds of JHPs. Otherwise, he's
had zero problems with it.

I do know for a fact though, that there has been some "bad runs" of the
S+W marked PPK/S's , but they seem to be out of that phase now. I remember
at FS for awhile Carl even stopped selling the PPK/s because the
dissatisfaction rate was so high.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom