Retro Pictures...

Some cool stuff there C-pher.

Notice on some "In action" photos, the troops are wearing BANDOLEERS of M16 Mags.

One guy was wearing a projectile vest holding rounds for the M79 Grenade Launcher. Looks like he has a nice selection of Willy-pete, HE, Bee Hive and a few other color markers. I don't see an M79 though. Claymore bags full of 3 mines... what I wouldn't give to have some of those!

I noticed the indigent soldier carrying the cut down 12 gage as well as his M16.

Neat pix

Bill

taping the cleaning rod to the gun was a must. Double feeds in the bush had to be cleared REAL quick.

Can one get the triangular type forearm grip still? Looks much better than the current roundish ones.

Can one get the triangular type forearm grip still? Looks much better than the current roundish ones.

sure... you can find them on gunbroker and lots of online gun stores have them.

I just got some myself for my AR-15 because I dig the vietnam era m-16 look verses the new age hi tech tactical look.

Great photos! One thing I can't help notice though, their trigger discipline sucks! I've noticed the same with a lot of the WWII photos I've seen from my father. Was there less of an emphasis on preventing ND's back-in-the-day?

Great pics. Anyone else notice that a lot of those photos had guys mounting their cleaning rods to the weapon itself? Easy access from what I read to a way to help clear the jams a lot of these weapons were prone to.

You never see that in any movie. [thinking]

Great photos! One thing I can't help notice though, their trigger discipline sucks! I've noticed the same with a lot of the WWII photos I've seen from my father. Was there less of an emphasis on preventing ND's back-in-the-day?

I've got an idea their perception of "safety" is/was a little different from ours.

I've got an idea their perception of "safety" is/was a little different from ours.

No doubt, however I've yet to see a current picture of one of the guys overseas posing with their finger on the trigger.

Not a knock at the vets, merely me wondering if there's a heavier emphasis on that now - for good reason - there's nothing 'friendly' about blue-on-blue casualties.

Wow. Seeing all those M16A1s really brings back memories. I was in one of the last few platoons in Parris Island to use them before the rest of the BN switched over to the A2s in '85.

Anyone notice the extreme curve of the magazine in the weapon of the guy in picture number 10, standing second from the left? Almost looks like a mag that you see in AR's chambered for 7.62X39. I did think any AR's were chambered for that round back in the Vietnam era.

Back
Top Bottom