Restrictions on LTC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please help me understand this....

Here's how I understand it:

Now, PDs have the ability to restrict the "type" of LTC they issue via a drop-down box that lists restrictions.

Before, it was either a class A or a class B...ALP

is this correct? When did this take effect? Where does the restriction appear on the license?

I am waiting for my LTC...

Thanks.

You are misinformed.

The restrictions were ALWAYS available to the issuing authorities and whether an LTC was ALP or limited was always up to those issuing a RESIDENT LTC. NON-residents were, until recently, routinely issued ALP. That is still the reason for non-resident issuance, but now applicants have to give "reasons" beyond a license in their home state.

The difference is that now the word "RESTRICTION(S)" appears where "Reason For Issuance" used to be, making ALL LTCs restricted unless issued for ALP. With the advent of MIRCS, the restriction becomes easier to implement.

Note that this is marketed as an "improvement" and somehow benefits the licensee...... [roll]

Please do a Search here on this topic. It is a duplicate (was discussed at length earlier) and continue discussions there. This topic is locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom