• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Reputation Points

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just putzing around and I clicked on the settings tap on the top bar in the NES forum and I saw Reputation Points. I never knew these existed. There are so many people out there who have helped me out here how can I send some rep points their way?

I was just putzing around and I clicked on the settings tap on the top bar in the NES forum and I saw Reputation Points. I never knew these existed. There are so many people out there who have helped me out here how can I send some rep points their way?

Only recently did you start to get a notification when you got a reputation comment. You used to have to manually check on the settings page to see if you'd cheesed anyone off lately.

There is no hard set rule but I rep anyone that answers a question I ask, makes a unique or informative point in a thread, makes me literally lol and always always always any Karma thread where I post "in".

There is no hard set rule but I rep anyone that answers a question I ask, makes a unique or informative point in a thread, makes me literally lol and always always always any Karma thread where I post "in".

Pretty much the same here.
I rarely ever give neg reps, probably only a half dozen since I started here, but I gave one yesterday to that Pickle Wheel idiot.
It was just enough to turn his lone green square back to gray before he got banned. [laugh]

BTW, rep point threads usually never end well, so IBTL [wink]

Pickle wheel got banned? Awesome! Especially after we booted Baikal49.

The only rep point question I've ever had is how many points get you another green tab or title... I have 290 or so and have been waiting forever for my 4th green tab....lame but this is what my life has reduced to!

Also, rep point threads unfortunately get closed quick so IBTL

For every 100 points you get, you get another green block.

That only works for the first 5 dark green squares, then you need 200 points for each of the light greens squares that follow.
So you need at least 1500 reps points to get a full "caterpillar".
From there, IIRC, you need 2500 to be a "World Champion", 5000 for a "Two Time World Champion" and 10,000 to get to "Three Time World Champion".
BTW, there are only about a dozen or so three timers.

Last edited:
Oh, that I did not know. I thought it was 100 per block. I got a ways to go too then. Some people here are stingy with rep points. I give those things away for almost anything. Some people it's like giving away their first born. [laugh]

I use tappatalk 99.9% of the time. Don't think you can see or give rep points on that or the NES app. At least not that I know of

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Who cares. It's the internet.

There are a lot of people that frequent this board that have a chit load of experience and knowledge that they readily share. Some of this experience is unavailable anywhere because it comes from experience. They made the mistakes so you don't have to.

Take EC, I'd listen to him with a keen ear if I asked a question about reloading. But it goes deeper than that. It's not limited to firearms. People get advice on all kinds of things. From how to fix a broken mower to places to get firewood. When people give good advice, you rep them.

And let's not forget the comedic aspect either. Sometimes this place is better than Comedy Central!

There are a lot of people that frequent this board that have a chit load of experience and knowledge that they readily share. Some of this experience is unavailable anywhere because it comes from experience. They made the mistakes so you don't have to.

Take EC, I'd listen to him with a keen ear if I asked a question about reloading. But it goes deeper than that. It's not limited to firearms. People get advice on all kinds of things. From how to fix a broken mower to places to get firewood. When people give good advice, you rep them.

And let's not forget the comedic aspect either. Sometimes this place is better than Comedy Central!

THIS +1

Everyone appreciates the information people provide but it's very funny to watch people get angry or happy over green bars and points.

Everyone appreciates the information people provide but it's very funny to watch people get angry or happy over green bars and points.

I don't think is an issue of angry or happy. It's a way for people to say "thanks for the advice it worked!" Or "I just spit coffee through my nose" or "I never looked at it that way" or "Damn why didn't I think of that!"

I am just happy we got rid of the bikal49 guy... that made my day what a doink he was! Picklewheel fella was no better..... I am just worried y'all will get sick of my grammer and spelling skills and boot me

I don't think is an issue of angry or happy. It's a way for people to say "thanks for the advice it worked!" Or "I just spit coffee through my nose" or "I never looked at it that way" or "Damn why didn't I think of that!"

Again, this. No one that I have ever seen gets angry or happy over rep points. Not sure where you get that from.

this^

'course, if someone's a dick and neg reps me, i neg rep 'em back..... just like if someone +s me i try to + 'em back.....
wish forumrunner would do rep :/

i vote next forum app our fearless leader switches us to is rep-aware....

i do most of my posting from my phone while on the shitter so.... it'd be much easier.....

[video=youtube_share;qhtgxS6z9yo]http://youtu.be/qhtgxS6z9yo[/video]

Last edited:

+ 1, that's how it's done:)

so thats how you get the green bars.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, this. No one that I have ever seen gets angry or happy over rep points. Not sure where you get that from.

there was a guy that left me a neg rep because I said Corvettes are gay (they really are), and then he looked for all my psots on other threads and started leaving me neg reps. He gave me something like 7-10 neg reps. I beleive he is still around. Now, in between neg reps, I believe you have to give other people rep points, so he probably had to randomly give out + reps just to - rep me. [laugh]

Last edited:
there was a guy that left me a neg rep because I said Corvettes are gay (they really are), and then he looked for all my psots on other threads and started leaving me neg reps. He gave me something like 7-10 neg reps. I beleive he is still around. Now, in between neg reps, I believe you avhe to give other people rep points, so he probably ahd to randomly give out + reps just to - rep me. [laugh]

Ok, now that's really spending way too much time on that. He must have been out for blood. [laugh]

I am just happy we got rid of the bikal49 guy... that made my day what a doink he was! Picklewheel fella was no better..... I am just worried y'all will get sick of my grammer and spelling skills and boot me

people dont get kicked out for spelling. People get kicked out for being extremely annoying, and before getting kicked out they get a warning and banned for a few days. You really have to try to get kicked out of NES. If I am still here, then you can make it. [grin]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom