• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Repro slings and canvas carry cases for M1 carbines.

The prices look reasonable...

http://www.pacificcanvasandleather.com/index.html

I already have a couple of slings and oilers, (haven't ordered a carbine yet), but I just might order one of the tan ones (the two I have are OD), and a carry case.

I'm still looking for a bayonet and scabbard. Repro is fine... i really don't feel like shelling out the extra $$$ for an original if I don't have to.

I'm still looking for a bayonet and scabbard. Repro is fine... i really don't feel like shelling out the extra $$$ for an original if I don't have to.

I might have an original which I would be willing to part with at a reasonable price. Let me check tonight when I get home.

You can still find some original gear out there in some catalogs in limited quantities. E Bay is always another option. I've found a lot of my best deals come from people who have no idea what the original is worth and sell it off at repro price.
My theory is never settle for a repro if you really want an original. Sooner or later you'll find the real thing and thats what half the fun of milsurp collecting is. If there was no hunt involved, I'd have gotten bored a while ago.[wink]

You can still find some original gear out there in some catalogs in limited quantities. E Bay is always another option. I've found a lot of my best deals come from people who have no idea what the original is worth and sell it off at repro price.
My theory is never settle for a repro if you really want an original. Sooner or later you'll find the real thing and thats what half the fun of milsurp collecting is. If there was no hunt involved, I'd have gotten bored a while ago.[wink]

I admire your tenacity.... you are the milsurp king! [smile]

I can be pretty much the same way in hunting down parts for more modern era firearms.

I'm not a stickler for authenticity... but I can be pretty anal about an exact particular part I need or want if only because it blends into a project I'm working on.

I'll log into the marketplace/for sale boards on any number of firearms related forums and refresh it every chance I get looking to score that one simple part I want or need.

The worst feeling is when I don't check-in and find out there's a part I wanted, but was beaten out by a few minutes [sad] .

So yeah... I feel your pain and/or enthusiasm. [smile]

Just bought a repro sling and oiler for about $17 on eBay. Just got them today, in fact!

And I don't care that they're repro, since I have a commercial carbine.

Back
Top Bottom