• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Reply from Nikki Tsongas

joeendris

Banned
A small lab with my roommate, Brain, in Central, M
Dear Mr. Endris:

Thank you for contacting my office regarding gun control legislation. I appreciate your views and having the benefit of your opinion.

Every corner of America has been deeply affected by the tragic loss of so many lives in Newtown, Connecticut. We mourn for the enormity of grief and the inconsolable loss visited upon Newtown's families . The senseless attacks at Sandy Hook Elementary School, at a Sikh Temple in Oak Creek, Wisconsin, at a movie theater in Aurora, Colorado, and against Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords (D-AZ) and 18 others in Tucson raise compelling questions about the accessibility of violent weapons in our society. Members from both sides of the aisle have acknowledged that it is time to have a conversation about the accessibility of high capacity weapons in our country. I believe this conversation is long overdue and I am committed to moving forward on meaningful reform in the weeks and months ahead. That is why I recently spoke out on the Floor of the House of Representatives about the Newtown tragedy and the need for tighter gun control laws. Click on the image below to watch video of this speech.

To be clear, I believe that law abiding citizens have a constitutional right to own firearms, whether for sport or personal protection. The right of an individual to bear arms is clearly stated in the Second Amendment of our Constitution and has been repeatedly upheld by the Supreme Court. While I believe that the Constitution confers a right to own firearms, I also believe that our laws should be able to reasonably control gun manufacturing, sale, and usage to ensure that firearms are used safely and responsibly. To that end, I support reinstating the commonsense ban on high capacity magazines like those used in the Sandy Hook, Virginia Tech and Tucson shootings. I support reinstating the assault weapons ban that expired in 2004, and I am a cosponsor of the Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act (H.R. 138), introduced by Representative Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY), among other measures.

H.R. 138 would permanently prohibit for civilian use the transfer, possession, or import of high capacity ammunition feeding devices—defined as a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device that has a capacity of to accept more than 10 rounds of ammunition—manufactured after the date of enactment of the bill. This targeted ban is intended, not to limit our right to bear arms, but to protect law enforcement and civilians by keeping these high capacity guns, which have virtually no sporting purpose, off the streets. I cosponsored this legislation in the 112th Congress and my support continues in the 113th.

We know that our response to Newtown must not and cannot go the way of the many other senseless acts of violence we almost routinely witness. The tragedy in Newtown must be a call to action. President Obama said he would submit broad new gun control proposals no later than January, and I will be part of the growing coalition calling for real changes that will protect America’s families.

Thank you again for taking the time to be in touch. Please do not hesitate to contact my office in the future with questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Niki Tsongas
Member of Congress

[puke]

ETA: This line is infuriating:
"which have virtually no sporting purpose"

First of all it has nothing to do with sporting purposes. Second of all if it did, who are you to judge?

Last edited:
So... the 30 round matches are not going to be allowed anymore, is what she's saying? My question is : will this stop the people who don't follow the laws from being able to get their hands on them? I mean, the 1984 ban has obviously stopped the gangs from getting their hands on machine guns, right? ...oh wait...

I got the same response, when I replied I got the same response again...ridiculous!!!

I got the same two replies from two other wastes of life too. And I was very polite. So the gloves are well off by now, and I'll be out figuring out how to write a nice letter back to them followed by a pleasant phone call. ****ing POS a**h*** dickheads. They all need to get raped by a bus.

Sent from my POS iPhone

I received the exact same canned response. What a POS this woman is.

At what point do we just start running for office as Democrats? How does someone get labelled a Democrat anyway? Why can't we find a well spoken, pro gun, fiscal conservative and slap a D next to their name to get this douche out of office?

Palladin, Nice. Always does the most good when members of the Goal BOD and NRA use such intelligent langage to express their opinions. Guys like you give guys like me a bad name. Hagrid

Last edited:
I have been told that emails aren't taken serious by these stains...I was told hard letters and calls. Keep calling

Just got the same response back from her automated reply system. Called Deval's office in Springfield and had to leave a message. No returns.

These big money Democrats do not give a damn about anyone but themselves. I just lit up her Facebook page to call her on her bullshit. Residents of Mass are at the mercy of these elitist scoundrels who believe they know what's best for us.

control gun manufacturing, sale, and usage to ensure that firearms are used safely "

when this bill is proved useless, will she support a 2 year sunset?

Last edited:
Thank you for telling me your opinion, I support the 2A, but go **** yourself, I am afraid of guns and I don't want you to own one, therefore I will do whatever the **** I want, because I can...

Drank the cool aid a long time ago she did...

Send her this picture from one of the other rallies last saturday:
Need-7-rounds1-550x481-500x437.jpg

rosa+Parks+Rights.jpg

Last edited:
I love that woman's sign! Truth.

As for the second sign, I wouldn't dare hold it. Hoplophobes are incapable of critical thinking once race enters the picture. Their knee-jerk reaction is "That's racist!" Says a whole lot about their own prejudices and guilt. Oh, the irony.

Here's how the conversation would go:
"How dare you say Rosa Parks didn't have the right to sit in the front of the bus!? You're racist!"
"I'm not saying that, idiot. I'm saying she didn't 'need' to sit there, but it was her right to be able to and it should not have been denied, especially on the basis of her skin color. You obviously missed the entire point."

Then there would be a whole lot of pissing and moaning, name calling, etc. I've never convinced anyone about the benefits of the 2nd Amendment because they won't listen to reason. They hate guns, love pacifism (in a naive fashion) and worship the state.

Back
Top Bottom