Renewal appointment

You have to decide if using a vacation day or a sick day is worth getting your LTC. Wife and I use a vacation day every year to do it. We schedule it in advance asking for early AM slot, the go out for breakfast and then to the range or a motorcycle ride or both. Makes for a decent day all things considered.

Last edited:
ok, so what happens when my LTC expires, like I said, I have been trying for months to renew (no appointments). Thank God for the 4th ammendment but just to play this hypotectical scenario... wouldn't that be a Felony? Having guns and not having valid permit?.... an easy way to disqualify you from applying when they actually grant you that interview...just saying...

Your l.t.c. is good for up to 1 year past expiration. And I believe "once the check is cashed" its valid again, pending a new pin number.
You can't purchase anything until the new lic and pin comes, thats about it.

Edit- Mine was set to expire in july, submitted renewal in may, didn't get new lic/ pin until sept. Had called day after expiration, lic officer cited an m.g.l. saying it was good for 1 year.

Your l.t.c. is good for up to 1 year past expiration. And I believe "once the check is cashed" its valid again, pending a new pin number.
You can't purchase anything until the new lic and pin comes, thats about it.

Edit- Mine was set to expire in july, submitted renewal in may, didn't get new lic/ pin until sept. Had called day after expiration, lic officer cited an m.g.l. saying it was good for 1 year.
Totally wrong!

If no application is in process on your birthday, it is merely a civil offense (not criminal) with a $$ fine potential to possess guns without a LTC. However, if you document the circumstances, there is almost no chance that anyone will jack you up for it. Once they accept your application, you have a 90 day grace period but can't buy/sell anything.

If you have clearly worked hard with the PD to find a day for this, they are aware of your work situation (being at sea for months at a time), but still will not accommodate you, I'd be inclined to consider either a written complaint to the city/town or even hiring a firearms attorney to steer this renewal. I'd be documenting all interactions from here on out.

Totally wrong!

If no application is in process on your birthday, it is merely a civil offense (not criminal) with a $$ fine potential to possess guns without a LTC. However, if you document the circumstances, there is almost no chance that anyone will jack you up for it. Once they accept your application, you have a 90 day grace period but can't buy/sell anything.

If its changed within the last 5 years, then yes, I am wrong.
My last renewal was 2015. Due again this July.

Back
Top Bottom