• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Remington is really stepping in it.... offer to settle

appraiser

NES Member

I know the Insurers; bankruptcy Trustees, et al are calling the shots, but this offer to settle in order to save on legal fees is BS

No y'all have this all wrong. Whenever settlements like these are made, one condition is that the company assumes no guilt nor responsibility/wrongdoing in the matter. Rem already has an unfavorable judgement against them (itself BS) so this is just a matter of saving money so they can continue as a company. Legal fees will be nothing compared to what would be awarded if they lose in court. And we avoid a legal precedent that may be very unfavorable especially in lieu of knocking down the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act. Good strategy.

Maybe the next case will be before Trump appointees and it will be dismissed outright.

are we boycotting Remington?

Which Remington? Ammo and guns are now separate companies, and both have been out of production until somewhat recently.

Sounds like bankruptcy lawyers just trying to make Sandy Hook fakery / lawfare go away.

Let's see who makes a decent cartridge or shotgun when the smoke clears. Marlin lost a lot of ground as a "Freedom" company, quality wise, so the name died for me - but it's in new hands too. My loyalty to a brand doesn't travel with the name, personally. Definitely not with some lawyers throwing handouts to the kind of scum who would use their dead kid as a political prop or fodder for a cash grab.

So what's next, a suit against Boeing for 9/11?

You laugh.

One of the coolest books I've read was. . . Airframe by Crichton. He always mixes in a lot of fact and science into his fantasy books. Well he DID.

One of the major things that go on during an air crash investigation is the plane manufacturer admits pretty much as much fault as the evidence will allow - even if it's clearly not their fault. Better to take the blame than show up your airplane customers and have them NOT buy your planes next time because you made them look bad. Stupid, huh??

Well, airplane manf's pay off tons of $ to settle things - even when it isn't their fault. Because it's just cheaper in the long run.

As far as 9/11, there was so much $ donated that they couldn't give it out. You can't be a charity when you are making a select few people rich. And that's what happened.

Same with blood. 9/11 happens and everyone rushes to Red Cross. RC says, "STOP!" Everyone gets their panties in a bunch. RC uses blood for other uses - and in some cases destroys it. Public is PISSED. Well, they had multiple x's of blood than they needed. What else were they going to do with it. It was a big black eye on RC for just getting stuck with a pile of blood they didn't ask for and were forced to draw from a willing public.

No y'all have this all wrong. Whenever settlements like these are made, one condition is that the company assumes no guilt nor responsibility/wrongdoing in the matter. Rem already has an unfavorable judgement against them (itself BS) so this is just a matter of saving money so they can continue as a company. Legal fees will be nothing compared to what would be awarded if they lose in court. And we avoid a legal precedent that may be very unfavorable especially in lieu of knocking down the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act. Good strategy.

Maybe the next case will be before Trump appointees and it will be dismissed outright.
As much as the settlement pisses me off, I bet you are right.

You laugh.

One of the coolest books I've read was. . . Airframe by Crichton. He always mixes in a lot of fact and science into his fantasy books. Well he DID.

One of the major things that go on during an air crash investigation is the plane manufacturer admits pretty much as much fault as the evidence will allow - even if it's clearly not their fault. Better to take the blame than show up your airplane customers and have them NOT buy your planes next time because you made them look bad. Stupid, huh??

Well, airplane manf's pay off tons of $ to settle things - even when it isn't their fault. Because it's just cheaper in the long run.

As far as 9/11, there was so much $ donated that they couldn't give it out. You can't be a charity when you are making a select few people rich. And that's what happened.

Same with blood. 9/11 happens and everyone rushes to Red Cross. RC says, "STOP!" Everyone gets their panties in a bunch. RC uses blood for other uses - and in some cases destroys it. Public is PISSED. Well, they had multiple x's of blood than they needed. What else were they going to do with it. It was a big black eye on RC for just getting stuck with a pile of blood they didn't ask for and were forced to draw from a willing public.
That was a great book RIP Michael Crichton great writer his medical novels are great too how the insurance industry calls the shots.

You laugh.

Is that why the first thing they always do is blame the pilot?

Speak for yourself. I reload. Have not fired a factory made round in a year and a half....and I shoot 2 to 3 times a week.
11-chris-farley-was-a-man.gif

the problem is that they are going to knuckle under and pay out when they have no liability or responsibility, and if the case was taken to the Supreme Court I think they would prevail, but now they are setting every manufacturer up for getting sued (frivolously) and having to defend themselves and or pay to get people to go to away.

And at some point one of those cases is going to go the way the plaintiffs want and a liberal court will not take the appeal

Speak for yourself. I reload. Have not fired a factory made round in a year and a half....and I shoot 2 to 3 times a week.
Actually reloaders need the market to be flooded with ammo as well, so all the morons stop buying all the damn primers.

the problem is that they are going to knuckle under and pay out when they have no liability or responsibility, and if the case was taken to the Supreme Court I think they would prevail, but now they are setting every manufacturer up for getting sued (frivolously) and having to defend themselves and or pay to get people to go to away.

And at some point one of those cases is going to go the way the plaintiffs want and a liberal court will not take the appeal
And not only they sre paying because they sre a bunch of p*ssies, they're paying $33M ... WHAT THE F*CK!

Good move by Rem. Keep your mouth shut and let the insurance companies do the dirty work. Keep making guns while the families accomplish nothing they set out to do. The only party to come out of this looking bad is the families.

How do you bitch-slap an entire company...?

Back
Top Bottom