Remington is really stepping in it.... offer to settle

Good move by Rem. Keep your mouth shut and let the insurance companies do the dirty work. Keep making guns while the families accomplish nothing they set out to do. The only party to come out of this looking bad is the families.
If getting $33M is looking bad, where do I sign up?

Way to kill a business trying to get back on its feet after yet another bankruptcy and reorganization by pissing off the customer base. Did they hire the same PR consultants as the Black Rifle Coffee a**h***s? Did they not notice the damage kowtowing did to Ruger and S&W in the 90s?

Lol which remington run by who now? Theres effectively like 5 different remingtons now.

If this settlement is orchestrated by the old weasels that ran the old remington, boycotting the new remington isn't going to do shit.

So what's next, a suit against Boeing for 9/11?
About that... This is from 2003.

NEW YORK —
A federal judge cleared the way Tuesday for Sept. 11 lawsuits against the aviation industry and the owner of the World Trade Center, ruling they should have anticipated the possibility that terrorists could hijack planes and crash them into buildings.

The ruling provided a choice for victims and their families, who have to decide by Dec. 22 whether to apply for payment from a federal compensation fund or take legal action -- without a guarantee they will receive any money in the end.

In a decision involving the cases of about 70 people injured or killed in the terrorist attacks, U.S. District Judge Alvin Hellerstein found that “the aviation defendants controlled who came into the planes and what was carried aboard. They had the obligation to take reasonable care in screening.”

American and United Airlines, the Boeing Co. and the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey had argued they were not negligent and that the suits should be dismissed, saying they had no duty to anticipate and protect against deliberate crashes into structures by suicidal terrorists.

Stop buying their garbage.

What garbage? If I am reading this right this is the cerebus hucksters that used to own remington. They ain't making shit anymore. So good luck boycotting a shell of a company that doesn't actually make anything anymore. [rofl]

RemArms - the gun part - has new owners. This has nothing to do with them.
Remington Ammunition - is now owned by Vista - the same company that owns CCI, Speer, Federal, etc This likely has nothing to do with them, either

So let's have a fist roiling time boycotting a company....

.....that makes nothing.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkMWsO_-X7Y

Lol which remington run by who now? Theres effectively like 5 different remingtons now.

If this settlement is orchestrated by the old weasels that ran the old remington, boycotting the new remington isn't going to do shit.
I am waiting to see what Ruger does with their lever actions.

I hope they make a good one to go with the Ruger Vaquero.

What garbage? If I am reading this right this is the cerebus hucksters that used to own remington. They ain't making shit anymore. So good luck boycotting a shell of a company that doesn't actually make anything anymore. [rofl]

Remington Ammunition - is now owned by Vista - the same company that owns CCI, Speer, Federal, etc This likely has nothing to do with them, either

.....that makes nothing.

870. R51. R1911. Uhhhh. Uhhhhhhhhhhhh

.....that makes nothing.

Bro, can you stop it, for once, and let us feel like we are doing a great job boycotting a company?

Last edited:
870. R51. R1911. Uhhhh. Uhhhhhhhhhhhh

The rights to make those products (shitty or not or otherwise) are no longer owned by the entity paying out in the lawsuit.

Remington's guns (most of them) became RemArms - still in same plant, but it is a different company with different owners. Remarms LLC
Remingtons ammo business is owned by Vista
Remington's marlin lever actions are now owned by Ruger
Remington's Suppressors (AAC) = JJE Capital which are the owners of PSA. (but they only bought the names/IP, not the plant/tooling, so good luck with that)

I'm probably missing a few.

Last edited:
The rights to make those products (shitty or not or otherwise) are no longer owned by the entity paying out in the lawsuit.

Remington's guns (most of them) became RemArms - still in same plant, but it is a different company with different owners. Remarms LLC
Remingtons ammo business is owned by Vista
Remington's marlin lever actions are now owned by Ruger
Remington's Suppressors (AAC) = JJE Capital which are the owners of PSA. (but they only bought the names/IP, not the plant/tooling, so good luck with that)

I'm probably missing a few.

the whole list

• Vista Outdoor Inc. for its Lonoke ammunitions business and certain IP assets
  • Roundhill Group LLC for its non-Marlin firearms business
  • Sierra Bullets LLC for its Barnes ammunitions business
  • Sturm, Ruger, & Co. for its Marlin firearms business
  • JJE Capital Holdings LLC for DPMS, H&R, Stormlake, AAC and Parker brands
  • Franklin Armory Holdings Inc. for Bushmaster brand and some related assets
  • Sportsman’s Warehouse Inc. for Tapco brands

I can think of no more appropriate pairing in the firearms world than Sportsman's Warehouse and Tapco.

Back
Top Bottom