Remington gets a breath of life

Can't they just f***ing die already? So someone that cares can buy the name/facilities? Jesus cwithe. Whats next, are they going to merge with Sears to double down on the stupid? lol.

-Mike

What the hell is $75 million going to do?

Will that company just die already?

I have to say...I was (and am) looking forward to their reintroduction of the Marlin 1894 in .357. Have no idea if that will ever happen.

They should only be allowed to make 870's and 700's everything else into dumpster-fire

Only if they roll back the production standards to whatever they were doing 30 years ago. Most of the guns they make today, even in those lines, are junk.

I have a Rem 870 18" probably from like the 60s or 70s. I picked it up for like $200 at a gun show. It makes the typical 870 Express models look like a piece of uncultured
junk.

Hell at this point I bet the Chinese 870 clones are built better than factory Remington stuff.... like that IAC Hawk 982, etc.

-Mike

I was always told if you wanted a new production 870 to at last get the police model (870p) as it uses better quality parts.

I was always told if you wanted a new production 870 to at last get the police model (870p) as it uses better quality parts.

Yes, that's basically what you had to do... if you wanted a good 870, you had to shell out 600+ for a police model.

I also at one point had an 870 Marine Magnum that was actually done well, too, but like an idiot i sold it...

-Mike

They are going through bankruptcy to convert their debt into equity. Basically giving their lenders the company (or at least a chunk of it, I havent followed it super closely).

The intent issue the company more viable by decreasing its debt. They aren’t in a liquidation type bankruptcy (yet).

Would we not be better "hoping" for a good CEO and a plan to bring them back to higher quality (obviously higher prices - I'm sure you guys are all on board on that one. LOL) and better sales????

Or F'em. Let em go under. We can all carry those bricks they call Mossbergs.

I'm glad you guys don't work in ICU. [rofl]

Would we not be better "hoping" for a good CEO and a plan to bring them back to higher quality (obviously higher prices - I'm sure you guys are all on board on that one. LOL) and better sales????

Or F'em. Let em go under. We can all carry those bricks they call Mossbergs.

I'm glad you guys don't work in ICU. [rofl]
None of the families 3 Mossberg 500s have ever let us down. Yup they ain't pretty......but they do 95% of our hunting and we hunt ALOT......and we shoot trap quite a bit. Mine looks like it's been dragged behind a truck on a gravel road......but it's my favorite hunting gun and my first long gun purchase. I'll keep it forever.

Only if they roll back the production standards to whatever they were doing 30 years ago. Most of the guns they make today, even in those lines, are junk.

I have a Rem 870 18" probably from like the 60s or 70s. I picked it up for like $200 at a gun show. It makes the typical 870 Express models look like a piece of uncultured
junk.

Hell at this point I bet the Chinese 870 clones are built better than factory Remington stuff.... like that IAC Hawk 982, etc.

-Mike
Around here, used 870s sell for more than new ones. At least then there's a reasonable chance it'll function. o_O

junk.

-Mike

I have a 870 from the 60s too, it would be dreamy if they just made them like that now but it just won't happen. The reason is that I am not confident it can be made to those fit /quality standards at the price point the "market" demands. If you want it to compete at the Browning BPS price-point and not the Mossberg price-point then fine, but at the lower price it just aint happening.

lol got 75 mil, wanted 338 mil but 950 mil in debt...um...are they completely run by the .gov? Sounds like common core math

I'm just happy to see anyone willing to loan a gun manufacturer money...

Lol. BofA is one of the lenders.

I have to say...I was (and am) looking forward to their reintroduction of the Marlin 1894 in .357. Have no idea if that will ever happen.

If it does ever happen, either the quality will be junk (like Remington), or it'll be really nice and cost $1200.
For example, all the Winchester lever guns are now made by Miroku in Japan, which is the same company that makes many of the Brownings. The quality is superb, but they cost a fortune now, nearly triple what they cost when made domestically.

Back
Top Bottom