Remington .22 Golden Boo-lits

I like the value/quality of CCI Standards. I also like the standard 500 rnd boxes they come in. Traditional and "correct." Don't know why it matters to me but it does.

My S&W M&P 15-22 manual specifically says to NOT use these.

I am favoring the slightly more expensive CCI MiniMag .22LR

Wow, I never knew that because I bought my 15-22 slightly used, and didn't get a manual. Well, I should probably tell you that they do run flawlessly in the 15-22, with the exception of having to clean the black soot off the mags, and internals a bit more often. That is the ammo that I have run almost exclusively in that rifle because I bought so much of it.[laugh]

I just picked up a new 10/22 and headed out to sight it in. I was shooting the brass plated Rem Golden Bullets. I've never used them before and I was amazed at how dirty these things burned. I went through about 150 rounds and could not believe how much residue built up on the magazine, let alone in the action. My fingertips were black by the time I was done. I did have one fail-to-eject and one fail-to-feed. This is the first .22 I've owned. Anyone have experience with this ammo? I'm wondering if most .22s burn this dirty or if it's just this type.

I use Golden Bullet in my Sig Mosquito and it runs great. I like it because it has more recoil than other ammo so it's better for training and practice. I'm at about 400 rounds without a cleaning and still very few issues. The gun is well broken in with about 10K rounds through it. I also use it in my 10/22 and the results are similar. YMMV......

Ironically, Ruger says not to use stinger rounds in the 10/22. Not sure why, maybe case length?

In any case, send CCI thru to sight in. Be consistent with your rounds, though. don't sight in with Velocitors (1450fps) or Stingers (1650fps) and then wonder why bulk (1200-ish fps) isn't hitting the mark.

Bulk is bulk, remember that. Some guns like certain bulk, some will eat anything. Go thru a box of each, Rem, Fed, Winch, etc and find the one that best suits your action. My 10/22 eats Rem green-heads, but hates Federal, ToddDubya's is just the opposite, it's up to you to find Love-For-Your-Gun [wink]

And for small game, might I suggest........... .17HMR? [devil2]

Remington is mentioned by S&W in the 15 22 manual. They stated not to use it.

Wow, I never knew that because I bought my 15-22 slightly used, and didn't get a manual. Well, I should probably tell you that they do run flawlessly in the 15-22, with the exception of having to clean the black soot off the mags, and internals a bit more often. That is the ammo that I have run almost exclusively in that rifle because I bought so much of it.[laugh]
They have the manual on their site: http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/SmWesson2/upload/other/S&W_M&P_1522_Manual_08-30-2010.pdf

Back
Top Bottom