Remember shooting these?

J.A.C

NES Member
When I was a kid my Dad and I used to plink at these Bullz I exploding targets. Then way back when our range banned them. I can’t remember now if it was the range itself or the state. Anyway, seeing these brings back fond memories of shooing in sandpits and the range with my Dad.

Attachments

• 49467055-0B7F-4B35-BEB6-8476F919E859.png
    49467055-0B7F-4B35-BEB6-8476F919E859.png
    251.9 KB · Views: 16
I actually still have some. I'm pretty sure I know where they are. I'll have to dig them out and post a pic or two.
How old do you think they are ? I know they say they have a 30 year shelf life.

i remember shooting them, of course. pretty good for several minutes of amusement...then the fun gods decreed "enough"

I knew I still had some. They were from 93 or 94. Three full boxes and one single, plus some old shotgun shells in the can. forgot all about them. I love the shotgun shell box. "New Plastic" Ammo can has a good seal so things have kept good for all the past years gone by. Thinking about it they may have been from 89 or 90.
IMG_2252.JPG IMG_2253.JPG

I knew I still had some. They were from 93 or 94. Three full boxes and one single, plus some old shotgun shells in the can. forgot all about them. I love the shotgun shell box. "New Plastic" Ammo can has a good seal so things have kept good for all the past years gone by. Thinking about it they may have been from 89 or 90.
View attachment 375567 View attachment 375568
SWAT inbound

A buddy that worked for the Rail Road said they used these to put on tracks about a mile or up from where they were working. Train would run one over and BOOM they knew a train ( along with schedule and radios of course ) when the train was inbound.

Back in the late 80's I split a lot of small tree's with them.

A buddy that worked for the Rail Road said they used these to put on tracks about a mile or up from where they were working. Train would run one over and BOOM they knew a train ( along with schedule and radios of course ) when the train was inbound.

Back in the late 80's I split a lot of small tree's with them.
Are you referring to the railroad torpedos with the lead straps tha bent around the rail? 3 about 1 yard apart each is, I think, a "stop signal" foro the train.

How did you get them to detonate on the trees? I have heard that small arms fire tends to break them up but not get them to go bang.

Are you referring to the railroad torpedos with the lead straps tha bent around the rail? 3 about 1 yard apart each is, I think, a "stop signal" foro the train.

How did you get them to detonate on the trees? I have heard that small arms fire tends to break them up but not get them to go bang.

No he said the red target pictured above, they would peel back the sticker and stick it to the track was a good warning.

We would find small 4-6" round pine and blow the crap out of them with our .22's, had to tape them to the tree with duct tape. They said .22 wont set them off but most of them would go off. We would get them up at the Portsmouth gun show, never found them in Mass only NH.

"But Bullz-I met its demise in the early 2000s. In 2001, a man in a military supply shop in Newport, Ohio accidentally dry fired his gun into a shelf stocked with the targets, triggering an explosion that injured four and nearly leveled the building. John Dapkus stopped selling his Bullz-I Targets two years later. "

"Accidentally dry fired"?????

I believe, will have to dig the WABAC machine, because they came pre-mixed making them an explosive.

The newer brands have to be mixed and used. They can not be transported.

I remember those,at the range one day watched a guy shooting at them. Great fun till one of them went off and set the target frame on fire. Pretty funny though.

For people that found some or still have some for whatever reason what the heck are they supposed to do with them?

For people that found some or still have some for whatever reason what the heck are they supposed to do with them?
appropriately relocate them to a place that allows the use of exploding targets, then dispose of them per the manufacturer's recommendation?

That sounds like a stereo typical "paranoid gun owner" type question.
I'd not worry at all, and use them as I saw fit when I felt like it.
Its not like the moment you found some, the ATF and FBI have immediately been notified?

RC

Back
Top Bottom