Reloading Bench

you sir, look like you could you a panel change / upgrade.

(NES Electrician here :D )

(FWIW, this is the panel i just did @ my parents new house in saugus. oddly enough, my newly built *as of like 5 hours ago* reloading/cleaning/maintenance bench is also just beyond my panel, albeit not in this picture)

DSC_2435.jpg

Nice work.

And just to show that Jasper is not the only NES electrical craftsman out there, here's a few more to look at:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Chris

noice ;)

I oughta try to snap some pictures of some of the stuff we've done @ work. some of these houses are in the $12-15million range....1200-1600amp services (one guy had a 600amp service for his LANDSCAPE lighting!)

Looking at all these pictures of clean panel installations I get more and more pissed at the hack electrician who wired the addition I did on my house in 1993. Even the light switches are mounted at random heights above the floor - he couldn't be bothered to use a tape measure let alone to take the time needed to run wires in a logical manner.

Looking at all these pictures of clean panel installations I get more and more pissed at the hack electrician who wired the addition I did on my house in 1993. Even the light switches are mounted at random heights above the floor - he couldn't be bothered to use a tape measure let alone to take the time needed to run wires in a logical manner.

Next time you need something done, give me a call. I'll hire Jasper as my Journeyman and we'll take care of you with a first class job.

Chris

Next time you need something done, give me a call. I'll hire Jasper as my Journeyman and we'll take care of you with a first class job.

Chris

works for me! I could always use the work. (note: all investments will most likely be firearms related!)

residential is fun too. i'm an factory rat (i've spent <80% of mine time in the trade in industrial locations, explosionproof wiring, hydrocarbon tank farms, basically extremely expensive devices, miles of rigid conduit, and gallons upon gallons of killark sealing compound). It's by far what I enjoy most (craftsmanship wise), but working with romex is so easy in comparison, it's tempting to stay in the residential field :lol:

example: 2 60amp explosionproof (XP) disconnects (~$2600/ea w. a 6month lead time from Killark **they suck**), about $1800 in fittings (T's, pipe, motor start/stop w. indicator light), and appropriate seal fittings
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q132/JasperSTi/work stuff/1212070756.jpg

XP valve assemblies for drain/fill/vapor recovery/venting on a 30,000gallon non-odorized LP gas tank. those flex's you see going to each valve are something like $12-$15 per inch (in 1/2", they're MUCH more expensive as the ID of the flex increases)
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q132/JasperSTi/work stuff/1212070757b.jpg

i've got some other pictures, but i think i'll eventually create an album and start a new thread for that one :)

Last edited:
quick/small update.
crappy picture (its a phone, i'll dig out the digital camera tomorrow morning)

just finished setting up my bench, again. this time, with a new 550b and rockchucker all bolted down and ready to roll for .223, 9mm, and .38sp!

(except that i bought RCBS dies, not realizing they wont work right for what i need...i think. theres no seperate crimp die, just a crimp/seating die in one shot. i'm already using an EGW U-die for 9mm *glock brass*, so handle effort for a u-die + combo seat/crimp die is a little much. im returning the RCBS dies tomorrow and getting Dillon dies instead (figured it'd be a good deal, RCBS @ $42/ea vs. Dillon @ $63ea

update/edit! better pics!

DSC_2464.jpg

DSC_2465.jpg

DSC_2466.jpg

Last edited:
quick/small update.
crappy picture (its a phone, i'll dig out the digital camera tomorrow morning)

just finished setting up my bench, again. this time, with a new 550b and rockchucker all bolted down and ready to roll for .223, 9mm, and .38sp!

DSC_2464.jpg

Jasper, looks great!
Better add a bottle of Witch Hazel to your bench for that stool you have. I just upgraded to a padded verson for those extended reloading sessions. [rofl]

This thread inspired me. So I got to work where the girlfriend says I most belong, in the basement under the stairs. This is what I have so far.

P6040561.jpg

My tacticool paper towel dispenser:

P6040562.jpg

And the closet space:

PB040534.jpg

It's still a work in progress.

DevX: Nice Bench. I like that tacticool paper towel dispenser [wink]

Here is my space-limited reloading/ham radio/home office/server room/firearms & ammo storage room.

dscf0737_med.jpg

DevX: looks awesome!

make sure you leave room to expand though! as i've collected more and more crap, i have fewer and fewer places to put it! (and i hate clutter).

so i decided to expand my bench a bit a couple of weeks ago, to give me more room for case prep / powder dispensing for loading my match .223 stuff.

bench_extended.jpg

make sure you leave room to expand though! as i've collected more and more crap, i have fewer and fewer places to put it! (and i hate clutter).

so i decided to expand my bench a bit a couple of weeks ago, to give me more room for case prep / powder dispensing for loading my match .223 stuff.

bench_extended.jpg

I hate you! (j/k - that setup is awesome!) [smile]
Where is the beer tap?

Awesome! [smile]

bench_extended.jpg

ok you guys are nuts!

I am in the process of setting up my new reloading space. Previous space was a small section of a bench in my moms garage. I had to take everything down and put away after each session. Long story short, wife has put a big NO on reloading in the home. No other space[crying]. My mom bought a new house and has offered up some great space in her basement. Perfect way to settle Moms dinners, a bit of reloading. I plan on getting a pistol/rifle set up also.
DSCI0017.jpg

Last edited:
snapshot!!!!! Thats about what I had[rofl]. Only in a garage no heat, poor light[laugh2] WTF it will work out someday, HEY small keeps it simple.

Snapshot, as long as your work surface is sturdy, that's all you need! I'm now moving out of my sisters place and into a 1 bedroom apartment. You can believe that all of my reloading and casting stuff is coming with me. I just have to package everything differently. Use of vertical space is my new mantra!

After all of these posts, I need to get down in my basement when I get back east (on the LEFT coast for work at the moment) and clean up!

hit submit too quick. For those looking for a solvent resistant solution for finishing the top - check out rocksolid. It's a two part finish designed for concrete garage floors. It's moisture, oil and solvent resistant and availabile in a light grey color to help in finding small parts. I would also recommend connecting a ground wire with a series 1Meg resistor to one bolt under the table for each press. This will dissipate any static electricity before you start working with flamables and prevent accidently ignition. I know that might not be a common issue, but it's a simple solution to prevent it from ever becoming a problem.

I was given a WorkPlace Systems bench from my last manager so I decided to put it in my small room downstairs that was used for storage. The pictures didn't come out to well so maybe I will try again. The bench is a mess already as I am finding tools all over the house and I am trying to organize things.

Here are some things I am working on:

Picture082-1.jpg

Picture083-1.jpg

Picture081-1.jpg

Picture084-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom