Benches and vises

Stock and rifle work. Might install T track system for quick change out of bench top gear
You can spend all kinds of money on benches and brackets. Simple and easy would be 2x4 construction. Doubled up for legs to make 4x4. 2 layers of plywood for the top. A lower storage shelf. Wrap the 2 sides and back with plywood to stiffen it up. Use screws so you can disassemble. All for probably a little more than the price of $40 brackets.

You can spend all kinds of money on benches and brackets. Simple and easy would be 2x4 construction. Doubled up for legs to make 4x4. 2 layers of plywood for the top. A lower storage shelf. Wrap the 2 sides and back with plywood to stiffen it up. Use screws so you can disassemble. All for probably a little more than the price of $40 brackets.
Not sure where you buy wood. Even if I buy the cheapest 3/4" ply thats $40 I could probably get scrape 2x4 if I look around long enough.
Im not agsinst building , I already have most of my tools for wood projects tucked away. Its a project in itself to get them out for use. Plus did I mention ive been getting lazy with age.
Im not sure whats going on lately either crews are getting better with material efficiency or more guys are taking more scraps home. Been dumpster diving for wood lately and coming up light.

Back
Top Bottom