Rejected!

This is FANTASTIC news. I'm just waiting for my Braintree orientation meeting before filing my paperwork, so hopefully I'll have a similar story in the coming weeks.

Wow Gary, I knew Crowley was bad but I had no idea how bad until I perused that blog. The fact that he stayed chief for the over 2 years of those blog entries being public speaks volumes. Hopefully the new mayor can continue improving things.

I'm cynical; I think they're just blowing smoke up your ass.

That said I wish the best for you. Good luck.

go to the "Gun Rights in Your Massachusetts Town" page and read my most recent post there. Looks like QUincy is actually turning itself around.

DTR.

Let me put this as plainly as I can.

If you're asking for free advice on an internet forum and you already have a lawyer, you're a fool - you should be asking him.

If you're asking for free advice on an internet forum and you DON'T already have a lawyer, you're a fool.

Which one is it?

For G-d's sake, man! Get a lawyer and stop sticking your foot in your mouth in front of the whole world. PLEASE.

My personal opinion?

I WOULD GET A FRIGGIN' LAWYER!!!!!

Let the negative rep points fly. [rolleyes]

Agree 1000% Stop letting the COP piss on you!

What a difference from one person to the next. It really blows my mind how one person's agenda can f**k things up for everyone else.

I hope it goes through for you.

It's going to continue happening as long as people allow them to do it becasue they either don't want to cough up the dough to challenge or can't afford it!

If money is tight get a second job but defend as best you can because it's worth the effort!

A personal note!
Years ago while I was going through a divorce, the normal course of action for the female was to file a restraining order if for no other reason than to get the upper hand or control in a divorce situation. There was no valid reason for the 209A but my ex wifes lawyer told her it would be beneficial during the divorce.

When I filled out my own application I noted the fact that their was a
209A restraining order issued and a week later said order was vacated and expunged. The cost of defeating this little ditty was several thousand dollars and I can say without a doubt the cost was worth every cent to have a lawyer in my corner fighting for a right, at the time, I had no idea might affect the rest of my life!

Fighting for your own rights that have been denied and that others have not been denied with a lawyer that knows the systems and the laws is worth it!

It's going to continue happening as long as people allow them to do it becasue they either don't want to cough up the dough to challenge or can't afford it!

If money is tight get a second job but defend as best you can because it's worth the effort!

A personal note!
Years ago while I was going through a divorce, the normal course of action for the female was to file a restraining order if for no other reason than to get the upper hand or control in a divorce situation. There was no valid reason for the 209A but my ex wifes lawyer told her it would be beneficial during the divorce.

209A restraining order issued and a week later said order was vacated and expunged. The cost of defeating this little ditty was several thousand dollars and I can say without a doubt the cost was worth every cent to have a lawyer in my corner fighting for a right, at the time, I had no idea might affect the rest of my life!

Fighting for your own rights that have been denied and that others have not been denied with a lawyer that knows the systems and the laws is worth it!

The lawyer that told your wife that sounds like your typical ambulance-chaser, wring money out of anybody, type of douchebag lawyer. Someone should put him out to pasture.

You file a 209A, they counter-file a 209A, next thing you know everyone has lost their rights.

It get's messy when husband and wife start arguing through a lawyer. Not the lawyers fault. Still can cost a fortune to straighten it out. Don't even ask how I know.

I received a phone call about 20 minutes later from the secretary who does the licensing paperwork informing me that the chief had agreed to give me a Class-A Unrestricted. I'm not celebrating yet until I have it in my hand (7-10 day wait because something had to be resubmitted) but I am pretty happy at this point.[grin]

That is just great news, have my fingers crossed, and hoping it plays out for you. Once again, Good Luck.

Conclusion

Well I just got back from the QPD with my unrestricted Class A license in hand. It only took roughly 5 months and two police chiefs but I finally got it. I just want to say a big thank you to everyone from NES for their encouragement, sympathy and advice. It is greatly appreciated. Now to figure out what to buy.

Well I just got back from the QPD with my unrestricted Class A license in hand. It only took roughly 5 months and two police chiefs but I finally got it. I just want to say a big thank you to everyone from NES for their encouragement, sympathy and advice. It is greatly appreciated. Now to figure out what to buy.

Congratulations! Maybe the tide is turning in Quincy with the new chief.

Can't believe I made it to the end of this thread but glad I did.
Congrats.
That new chief is going to have to hire a couple of new staffers to process the influx of upgrades he is going to get hit with.

You need a really special pistol to mark this momentous occasion with.

Maybe BPS still has some new Glocks, XD's or M&P .45's. [wink]

Congrats. Hopefully this is a permanent change for the better in Quincy. I think you should go to a shop and ask for one of each.

You need a really special pistol to mark this momentous occasion with.

Maybe BPS still has some new Glocks, XD's or M&P .45's. [wink]

Haha that was good. I thought it might amuse you to know that the new licensing officer's first question was what exactly,"On the advice of counsel, to prevent any confusion or liability resulting from a misinterpretation of the terms and conditions of a restricted license*(p. 69, ¶ 3;)" meant and why I included it as a reason on my letter to the chief.

Haha that was good. I thought it might amuse you to know that the new licensing officer's first question was what exactly,"On the advice of counsel, to prevent any confusion or liability resulting from a misinterpretation of the terms and conditions of a restricted license*(p. 69, ¶ 3;)" meant and why I included it as a reason on my letter to the chief.

Well, if all you did was blindly copy a partial citation to a page while omitting the actual book, and/or did not otherwise state or even understand what the reference was to, I can certainly understand his question.

It was fully explained and cited in my letter. I copied that partial citation in my post merely to get my point across. My apologizes for being unclear.

Considering that I have my appointment tomorrow, perhaps I should revisit my letter to make sure it's square. I wonder if they'll get a little wary if they see the same thing over and over again.

Woot

A personal note!

I had the opposite situation. During the course of my divorce, I applied for a permit to carry and used my soon-to-be-ex-wife as a reference. The Police Chief at the time laughed his ass off and mentioned it at the next Police Chief's meeting he attended. All got a kick out of it.

Ed

Just read your post, best news I've heard in a long time regarding issuance.

If I were you, like schriv said, buy something to commemorate this individual accomplishment. An never, ever, sell it, many many years from now, it will still bring a smile to your face.

You've done well.[smile]

Last edited:

Just gave this poster +1 Rep Point, anyone else?

Back
Top Bottom