Registering a large number

SKS Ray

NES Member
I remember a while back on one of the auction sites seeing someone selling off their collection, and have seen people auction off other large groups of C&R rifles/pistols. Often these wind up going for cheap money because you're buying everything the seller is getting rid of inlcuding his junk guns, but they're still firearms coming into your possession and must be recorded, etc. etc.
How would a Massachusetts buyer register all those guns at once? Wouldn't that raise some kind of flag if someone sent in 10 or 20, or even more registrations in all at once?

Yup, the same as when your active dealer sends in 20-100 in one day!
<Yawn>

Those receiving the forms are NOT LEOs, they are clerical people who just open envelopes and scan in the forms. They could care less how many you buy/register in a day or who you are. "Not my job!" comes to mind here.

I've sent in 5 at one time IIRC. Nobody came knocking at my door.

I was hoping for a diferent answer so I'd stay away from the auction sites.[laugh]
I had always wondered what would happen anyway, thanks for the reply Len.[wink]

I was hoping for a diferent answer so I'd stay away from the auction sites.[laugh]
I had always wondered what would happen anyway, thanks for the reply Len.[wink]

OK, Len is totally wrong; if you register more than one a week the regional SWAT team will be kicking down your door within 24 hours. Whatever you do, forget about buying all those guns for short money. Now where was it you were looking? [wink]

Ken

Each (few) time I've called CHSB, I've spoken with a human.

I'm convinced that the PDs don't look at it as a "service" or "priority" (talking generalities here, some few may be different) to have on hand a large quantity of forms or to reorder (cost them nothing more than a phone call/Email) them.

Yeah, think they just keep some around in a box in the dispatch/window area, but are rarely asked for one. The dispatcher was certainly nice enough about giving me a couple; every single interaction I have had with officers in my town has been just fine. It didn't look like her pile was very large at all, so I didn't make an issue of it.

I'll just get them directly now. After all, if they are going to mandate that I use them, they can at least provide them to me.

Back
Top Bottom