Reflecting upon the rampant fuddery and their threat to freedom

Everyone should point out to the nearest fudd that once "assault rifles" are gone they are one politician away from changing the term "hunting rifle" to "sniper rifle" and their toys are next up on the list. And calling a hunting rifle a sniper is a hell of a lot closer to reality then calling a semi auto that looks mean a "military grade assault rifle".

I can see it now from feinstein, scopes are designed only to kill children and puppys, no one needs a scope, it makes killing too easy. And you only need one round to hunt so we're limiting bullet purchases to one per season.

I don't thnk you understand what a fudd is, they will never help us. They pride themselves of not being part of the "radicals." They are a thorn in our side and our enemy. John Kerry is a fudd, mark Kelly is a fudd, he'll even DF (as she owned guns before). These people will never be converted.

Maybe. I joined this site about 4 months ago to use the classifieds to buy an SR9, SR22 and whatever else I can find. From that day I have read a TON. I still feel like I have a rubber stamped FUDD on my forehead from what I read and how Fudds are portrayed. I certainly don't get the feel that a Kerry or Frankenstein is a Fudd. It's always "those hunters". At least that is what I see.

That said, I am on here all the time reading and learning. I certainly wouldn't have been in the process of building an AR (or 3) had I not joined. But, reading this thread and the other one that was locked today definitely didn't sit well, as you can see!

Right now, right this very minute, officials who swore to protect our constitutional rights are actively working to restrict them.

It's nothing new, people have been doing that every day in america since before you were born. And they're been winning at it, incrementally. Mostly because of the compromisers, and the fudds are certainly in that group.

Maybe. I joined this site about 4 months ago to use the classifieds to buy an SR9, SR22 and whatever else I can find. From that day I have read a TON. I still feel like I have a rubber stamped FUDD on my forehead from what I read and how Fudds are portrayed. I certainly don't get the feel that a Kerry or Frankenstein is a Fudd. It's always "those hunters". At least that is what I see.

That said, I am on here all the time reading and learning. I certainly wouldn't have been in the process of building an AR (or 3) had I not joined. But, reading this thread and the other one that was locked today definitely didn't sit well, as you can see!

Click on this link, this is what I am talking about:

My tribute to those lost in Newtown - CNN iReport

If you can't convert a fudd how will you convert an anti. Without fudds we are a small minority Kerry, Kelly, feinstein et al are antis who own guns. Huge difference.

I don't thnk you understand what a fudd is, they will never help us. They pride themselves of not being part of the "radicals." They are a thorn in our side and our enemy. John Kerry is a fudd, mark Kelly is a fudd, he'll even DF (as she owned guns before). These people will never be converted.

Just a reminder what CT law has done, any semi rifle with a detachable magazine (1 feature) as long as it is under 10 rounds is acceptable, couple it with a foregrip (2 features) it is banned. So the Browning BAR ( NOT THE WW2 TYPE ) The one's deer hunters love with the 4 round mag is a banned rifle along with the Remington 742/7400/750, isn't that ****ed up. So yes, it is now affecting strictly the fuddy hunter only type classification, they need to see what has been banned to understand the creep and how it will eventually affect all gun owners, except maybe Trapdoors and black powder. Yes educate the one's that will lend an ear, forget those that immediately scowl and move on to the next hopeful. I don't believe there is much time for the next unfortunate psycho killing may just unleash an immediate EO with confiscatory followings. Obama learned from this lack of immediate EO, next time there won't be a second chance.

If you can't convert a fudd how will you convert an anti. Without fudds we are a small minority Kerry, Kelly, feinstein et al are antis who own guns. Huge difference.

I'm not interested in converting antis or FUDDs, just a small portion of undecided is all it will take. Of course, I'm talking at the national level where the AWB appears to doa. We are not a minority at the national level at all. It's 50/50 or better.

FUDDs are antis, they just happen to own guns, but they do not believe in the 2nd amendment.

I would present the links in my posts above as an illustration of this point.

Been hunting and shooting my whole life. Like a typical pathetic FUDD that meant my shotgun, 3 deer rifles, a ruger 10/22, a high power air rifle and a .44 mag revolver......

.....Nothing against them, they just weren't my thing and at doesn't mean I didn't support your right to own and shoot them, I just didn't care to have one.

Fuddery is not about what you own. It is how you feel about what others own.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I'm not interested in converting antis or FUDDs, just a small portion of undecided is all it will take. Of course, I'm talking at the national level where the AWB appears to doa. We are not a minority at the national level at all. It's 50/50 or better.

FUDDs are antis, they just happen to own guns, but they do not believe in the 2nd amendment.

I would present the links in my posts above as an illustration of this point.

I do not give much authenticity to people who cut up NRA cards and then speak about high capacity "clips." Nor do I pay much attention to Hingham "gun owners" who only use their guns
for target practice and shop at Hunters Trading Post for "dud" 12 gauge ammunition. WTF [thinking]

Just a reminder what CT law has done, any semi rifle with a detachable magazine (1 feature) as long as it is under 10 rounds is acceptable, couple it with a foregrip (2 features) it is banned. So the Browning BAR ( NOT THE WW2 TYPE ) The one's deer hunters love with the 4 round mag is a banned rifle along with the Remington 742/7400/750, isn't that ****ed up. So yes, it is now affecting strictly the fuddy hunter only type classification, they need to see what has been banned to understand the creep and how it will eventually affect all gun owners, except maybe Trapdoors and black powder. Yes educate the one's that will lend an ear, forget those that immediately scowl and move on to the next hopeful. I don't believe there is much time for the next unfortunate psycho killing may just unleash an immediate EO with confiscatory followings. Obama learned from this lack of immediate EO, next time there won't be a second chance.

If Obama signs an EO for confiscation, he will be signing his own death warrant. That crosses far too many peoples lines in the sand.

This is awesome, I can't think of a better quote for an anti to use against us, bravo!!!

Yeah. They can't think up anything on their own. You and Jesse Cohen can go curry favor with the antis. Are you really as stupid as I think you are?

Fuddery is not about what you own. It is how you feel about what others own.

^^100% This^^

Allow the FUDDS to speak for themselves and then I shall deconstruct their complete idiocy. The following quotes were taken from this piece in The Hartford Courant, which can be read here: Gun Control legislation: Gun Owners Decry Legislation - Courant.com

FUDD 1)
Paul Regish, 50, of East Hartford, joined dozens of others on a bus to the Capitol from Cabela's sporting goods store in East Hartford "to protest these new gun laws."
Regish said he does support some new gun-control initiatives, such as certain limits on ammunition purchases.
"I don't think anybody should be able to go into a store and buy ammunition, there has to be a reason," Regish said. "They can tighten up a few things."

But he disagrees with the majority of what the legislature was set to adopt.

"Law-abiding citizens that are sportsmen, hunters, why take away from us?" he said. "What I'm afraid of is it's not going to stop here."

FUDD 2)

They heard a lot of people, which was good,'' said Chris Fields, founder of King33 Training.

"I don't think that everybody's efforts fell on deaf ears whatsoever," he said. "It's not so much a win …they listened to us and they understand what's good for us. So there is some consideration in there."

He noted that lawmakers could have gone further.
"They could have gone after concealed carry and said we're not allowed to carry in the street. They could have gone after confiscation. … The fact that we're not disarmed is because our voices were heard."

These two UNBELIEVABLE instances of Fuddery can only be described as mind-numbingly ignorant and borderline collaborationist. I say borderline collaborationist because these idiots are, in their warped, ignorant, tiny minds, on our side. Or at least they think they are. Let us deal with FUDD #1:
Fudd 1 wants a reason you NEED ammo. And if you're not a sportsman or hunter, who he calls "us".. then YOU ARE FAIR GAME for come what may, as long as he feels reasonably assured that he won't be next.

FUDD 2 is so far gone as to be irredeemably lost. His groveling and fealty before those he considers his superiors is palpable in his choice of words: "they listened....they understand what's good....we're not allowed.....they could have...."
This FUDD operates at the mercy of They. If any one of us ever counted on this TOOL to have our back in a "go time" scenario, we'd be sold out, captured or dead before we knew what happened. This individual would voluntarily disarm out of sheer Obedience to Law if "they" had decided not to "listen" or "understand" and no longer "allowed" him to be armed. He is a slave pretending for the moment, to be a free man. He gets away with it for now because he has not been tested.

The problem with these people is that as gun owners, they are prodded by the media to speak for what is "reasonable" because they agree with the official narrative. We who hold fast are cast as fringe, extreme and UN-reasonable. It is divide and conquer. It is a free tool for our enemy to use against us. The FUDD weakens our position significantly by allowing themselves to be used as wedges against us. We would be better off without them and their limited and selfish activism, their willingness to give AID & COMFORT to our enemies. The FUDD starts from a position of inferiority relative to his government. He thinks in terms of what he is allowed to do. His arms are for sporting, nothing more. He is doing what he is allowed to do, and fearful of it no longer being "allowed" because then he will have to stop. He dabbles in the shooting "sports" for the sport of it. I wash my hands of all who are not absolutist, because this is not about sport or pastime. This is about the flame of Liberty in America being extinguished FOREVER. If, as a gun owner, you are not fighting for that Ideal above all else, you're a drain on resources, a waste of time or an unwitting accomplice to those opposed to human freedom.

^^100% This^^

Allow the FUDDS to speak for themselves and then I shall deconstruct their complete idiocy. The following quotes were taken from this piece in The Hartford Courant, which can be read here: Gun Control legislation: Gun Owners Decry Legislation - Courant.com

FUDD 1)
Paul Regish, 50, of East Hartford, joined dozens of others on a bus to the Capitol from Cabela's sporting goods store in East Hartford "to protest these new gun laws."
Regish said he does support some new gun-control initiatives, such as certain limits on ammunition purchases.
"I don't think anybody should be able to go into a store and buy ammunition, there has to be a reason," Regish said. "They can tighten up a few things."

But he disagrees with the majority of what the legislature was set to adopt.

"Law-abiding citizens that are sportsmen, hunters, why take away from us?" he said. "What I'm afraid of is it's not going to stop here."

FUDD 2)

They heard a lot of people, which was good,'' said Chris Fields, founder of King33 Training.

"I don't think that everybody's efforts fell on deaf ears whatsoever," he said. "It's not so much a win …they listened to us and they understand what's good for us. So there is some consideration in there."

He noted that lawmakers could have gone further.
"They could have gone after concealed carry and said we're not allowed to carry in the street. They could have gone after confiscation. … The fact that we're not disarmed is because our voices were heard."

These two UNBELIEVABLE instances of Fuddery can only be described as mind-numbingly ignorant and borderline collaborationist. I say borderline collaborationist because these idiots are, in their warped, ignorant, tiny minds, on our side. Or at least they think they are. Let us deal with FUDD #1:
Fudd 1 wants a reason you NEED ammo. And if you're not a sportsman or hunter, who he calls "us".. then YOU ARE FAIR GAME for come what may, as long as he feels reasonably assured that he won't be next.

FUDD 2 is so far gone as to be irredeemably lost. His groveling and fealty before those he considers his superiors is palpable in his choice of words: "they listened....they understand what's good....we're not allowed.....they could have...."
This FUDD operates at the mercy of They. If any one of us ever counted on this TOOL to have our back in a "go time" scenario, we'd be sold out, captured or dead before we knew what happened. This individual would voluntarily disarm out of sheer Obedience to Law if "they" had decided not to "listen" or "understand" and no longer "allowed" him to be armed. He is a slave pretending for the moment, to be a free man. He gets away with it for now because he has not been tested.

The problem with these people is that as gun owners, they are prodded by the media to speak for what is "reasonable" because they agree with the official narrative. We who hold fast are cast as fringe, extreme and UN-reasonable. It is divide and conquer. It is a free tool for our enemy to use against us. The FUDD weakens our position significantly by allowing themselves to be used as wedges against us. We would be better off without them and their limited and selfish activism, their willingness to give AID & COMFORT to our enemies. The FUDD starts from a position of inferiority relative to his government. He thinks in terms of what he is allowed to do. His arms are for sporting, nothing more. He is doing what he is allowed to do, and fearful of it no longer being "allowed" because then he will have to stop. He dabbles in the shooting "sports" for the sport of it. I wash my hands of all who are not absolutist, because this is not about sport or pastime. This is about the flame of Liberty in America being extinguished FOREVER. If, as a gun owner, you are not fighting for that Ideal above all else, you're a drain on resources, a waste of time or an unwitting accomplice to those opposed to human freedom.

Well said. Perfect examples.

Over 12,000 posts vs 86.5 years on here vs 3 months...............just sayin' [thinking]
So, 5 years and 12,000 posts makes it OK to say that other gun owners that aren't quite as hard core (or at least as aligned) as you are should be killed first is fine. Me saying that a stance like that is bad because I have only 3 months and 70 posts as a member is useless. Makes sense. For some I suppose.

So, 5 years and 12,000 posts makes it OK to say that other gun owners that aren't quite as hard core (or at least as aligned) as you are should be killed first is fine. Me saying that a stance like that is bad because I have only 3 months and 70 posts as a member is useless. Makes sense. For some I suppose.

Lighten up, Francis. Turn on your sarcasm recognition switch. I know the Gringo quite well and he ain't gonna kill his SIL. He used to talk about dragging liberal pecker checkers out to the swamp and hacking them with machetes.

Here's what makes sense to me. Anyone who wants to restrict my RKBA is the enemy. Those tools who profess to speak as "responsible gunowners" and who agree to "reasonable restrictions" (like assault weapons bans and magazine limits) and who are dragged before the cameras by the leftist media to show the world that "four out of five Helen's agree" to "universal background checks" and that "all the Daves I know" support concealed carry restrictions can just suck my dick and I'll see you in hell you ****er. They are are greater enemy than all the Stalinist bastards in government and all the red-diaper babies in Cambridge, because they give aid and comfort to the enemy.

But you can go out and play nice with the people who want to disarm you and take your freedom. Yeah. Let's make friends. Let's ... reach consensus. Give up a little ... something. It's not so bad. Maybe you're just not old enough to remember what it used to be like before things got crazy. Back when people were bad, not guns. I'm here to remind you.

- - - Updated - - -

He used to talk about dragging liberal pecker checkers out to the swamp and hacking them with machetes.

And don't you think for a minute that I wouldn't! [wink]

Hey gringo, for the recorded, I do not support anything less than 100% RTKBA. I want my ARs. I carry concealed, I want to train my daughter on ARs. I want her to build HER AR with me next year. I fail to understand why you and others think I am "the enemy" as a "Fudd".

Until recently I didn't really give a **** about AR's or other "bad guns". Nothing against them, they just werent my thing and at doesn't mean I didn't support your right to own and shoot them, I just didn't care to have one.

IMO, this is where the distinction needs to be made. ARs may not have been your cup of tea, but you didn't try and dictate to anyone else what they should or shouldn't have. That is how I define a Fudd. everytime i hear, "why do you need that", it's like nails on a chalkboard.

"Well, i'm fine with my over under, and nobody needs a pump because if you can't kill abird with 2 rounds, you're doing something wrong.. blah, blah, blah."

I say live and let live.

They seem to equate "fuddery" with "poor aim".

Piss and moan all you want but freedom is a no compromise kind of situation. So long as folks are willing to talk concessions, which will never be enough, they are a detriment to the cause.

Converting Fudds is an uphill battle. Too many of them are too psychologically invested in having to be right. Just because. It's not what makes sense. It's just because. Their self images are too tied up in having to be right about what they believed for so long. An understandable human condition, yes; convertible - well that's tough to do.

Focus on women who aren't rabid antis. Speak to them about force disparity, and ask when it would be a good time to run out of ammo. Talk to them about choice - shouldn't they be able to choose the best way to protect themselves. They get it. Give them guns that fit, double up on hearing protection. Manage the recoil. When they have fun, and understand the self protection aspects, and that their choices are taken away, they convert. At least with good probability.

Plus, women in gun clubs smell better than fuds, and when they show up magicall we get better bathrooms and stuff.

Just saying.

Piss and moan all you want but freedom is a no compromise kind of situation. So long as folks are willing to talk concessions, which will never be enough, they are a detriment to the cause.

Hate to bust your bubble but study your American History a little bit more, the Constitution of the United States was a document written on compromise. You seem to think that there was some kind of consensus on government, there wasn't. I suppose that you could say that the history of the United States from 1789 to 1861 was a history of compromise and resulted ultimately in Civil War or a failed revolution, but it took a long time to get there.

Now let's say that we pull a Concord and Lexington tommorrow...declare war on the government of the United States...let's cut to the chase here, do you think we the people will win? Where are the leaders? Are you ready? Do you understand the dynamics of asymmetrical warfare enough? It ain't Red Dawn, Falling Skies, or the Walking Dead, it's no fantasy, it means not quitting, losing your family, maybe seeing them tortured and killed before your very eyes, it means no more living in a house, are you prepared to pay the price? There are maybe ten people on this forum that I trust enough whom I know personally who could see themselves through in a war against the .gov. Do you have the survival skills to forage and live off the land? The rest I don't know, many if most of you don't have the training, and OJT in war is tough because you learn by dying. The issue is not where your heart is, the issue is are you prepared?

Again, you are defining the terms..and who are you?

Like others, I read this site long before I joined. I joined recently because I wanted to support NES in its fight for our RKBA. I also enjoy the enthusiasm displayed in many of the posts. I wonder if that enthusiasm is shared around the country? This can’t be the only regional blog of pro-2A supporters. I’m pretty sure PA has one. My point is this: instead ofoperating totally independently, would it be possible for those who sponsor this and other blogs to link up in some way? Sharing a post along with comments could reach millions instead of hundreds. Rally’s on Boston Common coordinatedwith rally’s in DC, or LA would be more effective. I personally don’t know how to do this. I can barely plug in my video game and make it work (yes, I’m that old) but all ya’ll do. Just a thought on how to organize more effectively.

Last edited:
Such an effort is very much underway - itstime2a.org

Like others, I read this site long before I joined. I joined recently because I wanted to support NES in its fight for our RKBA. I also enjoy the enthusiasm displayed in many of the posts. I wonder if that enthusiasm is shared around the country? This can’t be the only regional blog of pro-2A supporters. I’m pretty sure PA has one. My point is this: instead ofoperating totally independently, would it be possible for those who sponsor this and other blogs to link up in some way? Sharing a post along with comments could reach millions instead of hundreds. Rally’s on Boston Common coordinatedwith rally’s in DC, or LA would be more effective. I personally don’t know how to do this. I can barely plug in my video game and make it work (yes, I’m that old) but all ya’ll do. Just a thought on how to organize more effectively.

Back
Top Bottom