Reflecting upon the rampant fuddery and their threat to freedom

In another thread, a poster who I backed up attacked Fudds for the life draining force that they are to the Pro 2A movement. I made a few statements comparing them to the Crown Sympathetic Tories of the American revolution. This pissed more than a few people off, notably one poster who suggested I move to Idaho because I wasn't trying hard enough in his eyes to "reach" out to people I don't agree with.

Let me ask, are you asking me to reach out or reach around?

At the risk of getting off on a personal tangent, I'll get to a point - people, we're in a realtime fight for our very civil liberties in this once great nation. Right now, right this very minute, officials who swore to protect our constitutional rights are actively working to restrict them. Several acts have come out through PATRIOT and others like HR1955, that restrict speech, encourage law enforcement to be more aggressive than ever before towards protest movements, writers and anyone who isn't happily towing the pro corporatocratic, dear leader line.

I don't know about you, but I think its high time we STOP wasting our time with talk of compromise. No, not all hunters are Fudds but at the same time, not all gun owners are neccessarily pro 2A...or 1A or 4A for that matter. Its time to alienate these folks - they aren't on our side and are working just as dilligently, albiet in ignorance, towards the end goals of our enemies.

What I propose is a departure from our normal "educate them" mantra. Instead of educate them, I say **** THEM. I repeat, **** THEM. If you're a member of a fuddish club or one that doesn't actively support the Second Amendment, turn your back on them. If you frequent a shop whose ownership is against certain classes of guns - shop elsewhere.

Its time to draw a goddamned line in the sand and tell those on the fence to pick a goddamned side. This eventual erosion of our rights is what Naiomi Wolf refers to as the "gradual shift" towards fascism....only the shift is far more aggressive than what she's talked about in her books. We saw the 4th Amendment tossed, we're seeing parts of the 1st Amendment challenged every day with nary a bit of protest from the masses as the news media encourages them to accept "change" in the form of less rights.

Are you mad? Are you paying attention? Im as mad as hell and like Howard Beale, am not going to take it anymore. Get active, get organized, shoot more, encourage whovever you can to your side, but stop wasting your time on the fudds, these ignorant wastes of life who are little more than bottom feeders in the pool of freedom. I compared them to Tories? I'll go further and call them traitors outright - kind of like young George Soros, who curried the favor of the Nazis by ratting out his neighbors in Hungary. Yes, I went there, **** you.

Its time we focused on the fight and the fudds are a distraction in that effort. Instead of preaching to people who don't want to hear it or worse, are unwilling to do so, our energy is better spent working within our community and building it up. Network locally, set up response teams in different communities and be a positive force for our immediate and more importantly, our internal community.

We need a FUDD death pool. I say its only a matter of time before someone snaps. I hope while the Legislators are celebrating the passage of these new Laws that have ZERO! to do with how criminals obtain or use Guns, that they themselves are walking in the cross hairs of many many angry people.

Once someone says " **** it I have nothing to lose " look out.

I know I've said this a few times... but it needs saying sadly...
I hate to say this... but I'm starting to think we're lone soldiers in a war already lost. The illegals are getting handouts sanctioned by the Government, and even appearing on the News without fear of prosecution.
CT. just passed some of the most restrictive anti-gun laws I've ever seen, virtually turning gun owners into sex offenders.
National gun registration and liability insurance is making its way not only through a few states, but also Congress now...
Our president supporting an international arms deal championed by the likes of the UK and Iran....
... and I'm starting to think my LTC won't be renewed because of a police report (no charges filed, mind you), that the licensing station made 4 years ago, and then faxed to the police in the town I now live.
I hate to say this... but when you've got politicians virtually dancing on the graves of children to pass laws that would never have protected them, and the public cheers this behavior...
I have one child... I don't think I'll ever have another. Raising them in a world when things like this happens seems almost cruel...

Ill make my definition of fudd simple and in the context of the fight we're now in. Anyone who wants to talk compromise on the issue of civil rights - be they guns or speech or whatever - you're either all in or you can get the **** out.

Pound that keyboard to paste.

Targeting fudds sure seems like a strange way to "build up your community".

Turning your back on a "Fuddish" club is sure gonna teach em, huh?

"Shoot more", ok, and that is going to fix this situation, how?

Nice rant though.

Ill make my definition of fudd simple and in the context of the fight we're now in. Anyone who wants to talk compromise on the issue of civil rights - be they guns or speech or whatever - you're either all in or you can get the **** out.

Ummm, just what are they supposed to "get the **** out" of, anyhow?

Can't make em quit voting, can't kick them out of the gun clubs (most clubs have a LOT of fudd types)

So, by you announcing they can get the **** out accomplishes diddly squat.

The problem is you are defining the rules..and WTF are you? Why should I follow or listen to you? What gives you the right to judge me or anyone else? I don't know enough about you to accept you as my leader.

The time is coming when gun owners aren't going to take it. There is a new militancy that wasn't there even a year ago. I see that, but I'm not going to gun down some Korean War Vet because he liked Ike and believed that the Second Amendment meant for when six armored divisions rolled down his street from some foreign country otherwise it is about duck hunting, or thinks that the police are his friends because his vision of America has become Amerika and he doesn't know any better.

Ignore the Fudds, let's go after the real enemy...and remember in the one successful Revolution we had in this country no more than 1/3 of the population supported it at any given time. 1/3 were indifferent and 1/3 supported the crown.

I think you talk a good game A.K. but I don't think you are ready to take any major action yet, and I don't think anyone is yet. There needs to be a spark, something that will ignite us into action, and that simply hasn't happened. You can be a wannabe Patrick Henry or Sam Adams or whomever, but right now, the timing is off IMO. I'm not ready to hit the streets yet...but I want to emphasize the word yet...because I think that day may come, and unlike many of you I am officially old as of June 6th and I have a lot less to lose. When there are enough of us to pledge our lives, fortunes and sacred honor, then it will be time, but if there are not enough of us, then we deserve exactly what we get...and in the end we are the enemy...ourselves.

Im not seeking to define the rules. Im just making a suggestion. My path was the usual "try and educate them" routine, but honestly, I'm done with it.

It really IS time to ante up - its more than the goddamned guns, its about the whole ball of wax - we're living in an age where people who speak out are being reported by their fellow citizens - even though no crime has been committed. Yes, Im talking a good game - because I think that spark is going to happen one way or another.

Forget mass shootings, thats only media fodder - think another 9/11, think another terror incident and all the people who said PATRIOT was a good thing will support and indeed beg for ANY new restriction they can dream up. And why? "well, if you have nothing to hide, you shouldnt fear wiretaps and invasions of your home" - that's going to give way to "well, if you don't trust the government to protect you, then you must be anti government and anti government is pro terror."

Think that's nuts? its what I heard spouted DAYS after 9/11.

Yeah, Im being rude. Yeah, Im being aggressive because Im beyond pissed off that we're the only ones who see what's happening as the masses are content to fatten themselves up and swill chips while watching some talentless hack chortle on American Idol.

we just need to find common ground........like how we would all like to see a reanimated charlton heston come back and kick jim carrey's ass. then high 5 clint eastwood!

I'm not ready to hit the streets yet...but I want to emphasize the word yet...because I think that day may come, and unlike many of you I am officially old as of June 6th and I have a lot less to lose. When there are enough of us to pledge our lives, fortunes and sacred honor, then it will be time, but if there are not enough of us, then we deserve exactly what we get...and in the end we are the enemy...ourselves.

"War is old men talking and young men dying"

The problem is you are defining the rules..and WTF are you? Why should I follow or listen to you? What gives you the right to judge me or anyone else? I don't know enough about you to accept you as my leader.

The time is coming when gun owners aren't going to take it. There is a new militancy that wasn't there even a year ago. I see that, but I'm not going to gun down some Korean War Vet because he liked Ike and believed that the Second Amendment meant for when six armored divisions rolled down his street from some foreign country otherwise it is about duck hunting, or thinks that the police are his friends because his vision of America has become Amerika and he doesn't know any better.

Ignore the Fudds, let's go after the real enemy...and remember in the one successful Revolution we had in this country no more than 1/3 of the population supported it at any given time. 1/3 were indifferent and 1/3 supported the crown.

I think you talk a good game A.K. but I don't think you are ready to take any major action yet, and I don't think anyone is yet. There needs to be a spark, something that will ignite us into action, and that simply hasn't happened. You can be a wannabe Patrick Henry or Sam Adams or whomever, but right now, the timing is off IMO. I'm not ready to hit the streets yet...but I want to emphasize the word yet...because I think that day may come, and unlike many of you I am officially old as of June 6th and I have a lot less to lose. When there are enough of us to pledge our lives, fortunes and sacred honor, then it will be time, but if there are not enough of us, then we deserve exactly what we get...and in the end we are the enemy...ourselves.

I'm young. I'm single. I have no kids. Aside from the future that I cannot foresee, I have nothing to lose.

And you know what, if there are not enough of us, well then I'd rather die standing with the few who would fight than live in the aftermath of that failure. We are all going to die anyway, the only question is when.

You may not like the fudds but without them we are in deep crap.

Not really, FUDDs support anti-gun legistlation and convince, reasonable, non-gun owing people that the antis are right.

The classic fudd argument ("I'm a gun guy. I've hunted my whole life. And I can tell you no one needs a 30 round clip") is incredibly damaging to our cause.

Plus, FUDDs just plan suck at life and should be called for being traitors and cowards.

I'm young. I'm single. I have no kids. Aside from the future that I cannot foresee, I have nothing to lose.

And you know what, if there are not enough of us, well then I'd rather die standing with the few who would fight than live in the aftermath of that failure. We are all going to die anyway, the only question is when.

No kids
No wife
No real responsibilities

Student debt is about it, basically I have nothing to really lose

I'm with ak I'm done **** that and **** them.

No kids
No wife
No real responsibilities

Student debt is about it, basically I have nothing to really lose

I'm with ak I'm done **** that and **** them.

Most of my student loan debt is federal loans that are forgiven if I die (oh the irony of the .gov killing me and forgiving the loans). I also have life insurance for the small amount of student loan debt that my parents generously cosigned. There is probably some clause in it that forbids payment if one dies at the hands of the government (it already forbids payout if I die while not wearing a seat-belt).

If someone kicks something off, you will have a lot more support than you think AK. there aren't enough people "directly" affected with this bullshit to take it seriously, and there aren't many ardent patriots left, mostly young men talking smack about things they don't understand.

"the tree of liberty must sometimes be refreshed with the Blood of Tyrants and Patriots"

Not really, FUDDs support anti-gun legistlation and convince, reasonable, non-gun owing people that the antis are right.

The classic fudd argument ("I'm a gun guy. I've hunted my whole life. And I can tell you no one needs a 30 round clip") is incredibly damaging to our cause.

Plus, FUDDs just plan suck at life and should be called for being traitors and cowards.

THIS^ If you think 2A only exists so you can hunt. If your mindset is "hey its' all good as long as I have my shotgun and deer rifle." They you are part of the problem because you are exactly who the media is talking about when they say they gun owners support more gun control. If you rational is "I never needed one so no one else does.." well actually I don't know what you are in that case. However I do know what you are NOT and that is American!

I will never own a $25K 2 stamp MP5 like the one in the classifieds. But that doesn't mean that no one else should. If you want to mount a 50cal on your porch as hippie control go for it!

It amazes me how many people don't see 2A for what it is. Do you think the order of these amendments was completely arbitrary? It is number 2 for a reason. You have the right to LIFE, Liberty and number 2 THE RIGHT TO DEFEND THOSE RIGHTS!

OK I have to stop now. I just deleted 3 more paragraphs and wasn't even close to done..... Carry on...

Where the **** were all of you yesterday and the rally in January? Had to work? Boo ****ing hoo! I had to work too, but I didn't go to work. I even used to take time off to testify against all the anti gun bills at the hearings before the Committee on Public Safety every year. I liked to speak after "Dapper."
Yesterday I didn't go in the state house because I was carrying, but I was at the rally.
Take a "fudd" to the range, let him shoot your AR and convert him. I did.
He just bought his first AR at four seasons a couple of weeks ago. Optic ready M&P 15. No ammo
available, so I gave him some factory ammo and some of my reloads. I also lent him my Aimpoint PRO.
He is in heaven now. I just gave him some more of my reloads. He has tried to give me money but I won't take it.
I am going to lend him my ACOG and then my EoTech so he can decide what to get. He doesn't have a lot of money to spend.
Rather than wish them all dead, convert them. It's easier to convert a gun owner than a gun hater.
Try it sometime. [wink]

yes-let-the-hate-flow-through-you.jpg

Where the **** were all of you yesterday and the rally in January? Had to work? Boo ****ing hoo! I had to work too, but I didn't go to work. I even used to take time off to testify against all the anti gun bills at the hearings before the Committee on Public Safety every year. I liked to speak after "Dapper."
Yesterday I didn't go in the state house because I was carrying, but I was at the rally.
He just bought his first AR at four seasons a couple of weeks ago. Optic ready M&P 15. No ammo
available, so I gave him some factory ammo and some of my reloads. I also lent him my Aimpoint PRO.
He is in heaven now. I just gave him some more of my reloads. He has tried to give me money but I won't take it.
I am going to lend him my ACOG and then my EoTech so he can decide what to get. He doesn't have a lot of money to spend.
Rather than wish them all dead, convert them. It's easier to convert a gun owner than a gun hater.
Try it sometime. [wink]

I know a lot of people are frustrated, but I think you'd be surprised how easily those who are not rabid antis can actually be converted. I have "converted" more fence sitters and "fudds" than you can believe since this all began. It takes a lot of time and effort, but it's totally worth it. We are close, but not at the point of picking sides and drawing your rifle. Theres a ton of work to do in the coming weeks and months. TONS, but we need to give it a shot.

Try it sometime. [wink]

Everything here is full of awesomeness, especially the intro. Rep inbound!

Last edited:
Alienate a group that IS sympathetic to guns, great strategy right now. Who needs the Antis, we'll just eat ourselves alive, ****ing brilliant!

i would call myself a FUDD in your (meaning a large majority here) ever so tolerant eyes, at least until recently. Been hunting and shooting my whole life. Like a typical pathetic FUDD that meant my shotgun, 3 deer rifles, a ruger 10/22, a high power air rifle and a .44 mag revolver. I have NEVER supported any anti-gun ANYTHING, and no I didn't vote for the current king.

Until recently I didn't really give a **** about AR's or other "bad guns". Nothing against them, they just werent my thing and at doesn't mean I didn't support your right to own and shoot them, I just didn't care to have one.

As of today I am sitting on 1500+rounds of .223/5.56, 7 preban 30 rounders and have 3 lowers and 2 uppers on order and all the parts......finally......to build my first AR when my Matrix uppers and lowers arrive (damn I hope they hurry up). And I started shooting IDPA.

How about you wake the **** up and not completely and alienate a group or people that CAN be swayed in their beliefs and actually unite to fight the antis instead of ourselves. Just a thought.

*rant off*

Oh and I was at the previous rally with my 5 year old on my shoulders but sadly couldn't get out of work for the one this week...........

Several older men that I had uncharitably labeled "FUDDs" joined the rally with me yesterday.

Many still think they're living in the America of olde. You can't blame them for that.

Alienate a group that IS sympathetic to guns, great strategy right now. Who needs the Antis, we'll just eat ourselves alive, ****ing brilliant!

i would call myself a FUDD in your (meaning a large majority here) ever so tolerant eyes, at least until recently. Been hunting and shooting my whole life. Like a typical pathetic FUDD that meant my shotgun, 3 deer rifles, a ruger 10/22, a high power air rifle and a .44 mag revolver. I have NEVER supported any anti-gun ANYTHING, and no I didn't vote for the current king.

Until recently I didn't really give a **** about AR's or other "bad guns". Nothing against them, they just werent my thing and at doesn't mean I didn't support your right to own and shoot them, I just didn't care to have one.

As of today I am sitting on 1500+rounds of .223/5.56, 7 preban 30 rounders and have 3 lowers and 2 uppers on order and all the parts......finally......to build my first AR when my Matrix uppers and lowers arrive (damn I hope they hurry up). And I started shooting IDPA.

How about you wake the **** up and not completely and alienate a group or people that CAN be swayed in their beliefs and actually unite to fight the antis instead of ourselves. Just a thought.

*rant off*

I don't thnk you understand what a fudd is, they will never help us. They pride themselves of not being part of the "radicals." They are a thorn in our side and our enemy. John Kerry is a fudd, mark Kelly is a fudd, he'll even DF (as she owned guns before). These people will never be converted.

Back
Top Bottom