Recommendations for female shooters

You have had some generous offers from Len and others. If you would like to try a Sig with a short trigger and short reset trigger, let me know. If you take them up on the Mansfield vsit I could bring it up there.

Best of luck in finding the gear you want.

RGS, and I've wanted to meet you in person for a number of years now to thank you for prior help. I'd more than welcome you to Mansfield as my guest as well as to further assist Kaisha.

As others have said, a 1911 can be a great gun for women. The full sized, but narrow grip gives good purchase to those with small hands and the 2 1/2 lbs of weight soaks up a lot of the .45's recoil and converts it into more of a shove.

Don

It's an interesting factoid that many women of various sizes like the 1911 and shoot it well, even as new shooters.

Another 1911 factoid of importance is that a "short trigger" can be bought for $15-20 and dropped in any 1911 (or clone) for those of us with small hands. Two of my 1911s are so equipped, as my hands are the same size as my Wife's and are small for a man.

Another 1911 factoid of importance is that a "short trigger" can be bought for $15-20 and dropped in any 1911 (or clone) for those of us with small hands. Two of my 1911s are so equipped, as my hands are the same size as my Wife's and are small for a man.

I'm another broad that's moved to the full sized 1911 for my primary sidearm. [grin]

Kaisha, I'll add myself to that mix . . . Dana's Wife or you could contact me as well and I can bring some guns for you to try to in addition to hers. If we can dig Depicts out of "hibernation" he could add some nice guns to the mix at the same time. What I'm suggesting is that both (or all three) of us host you as a guest at Mansfield and let you try a bunch of guns to see what suits you best.

This is a great offer, Lens! +whatever I have now to you!

kaisha, I would try to get this work out!

As she's a town over from me...and a member of Mansfield...let me know and I have a ton of stuff that I can bring to play with as well. As long as it's a time when I can get out!

Kaisha, I'll add myself to that mix . . . Dana's Wife or you could contact me as well and I can bring some guns for you to try to in addition to hers. If we can dig Depicts out of "hibernation" he could add some nice guns to the mix at the same time. What I'm suggesting is that both (or all three) of us host you as a guest at Mansfield and let you try a bunch of guns to see what suits you best.

OK Len, I see you understand now about my "hibernation". It takes a lot to get me out sometimes, but this sounds like a worthy cause.

I'd be willing to meet at Mansfield for a few hours and could bring the PM9 Kahr and a couple of steel or alloy J frames.

Len, this doesn't mean I'm out of hiding or over my phone phobia. It just means I'd help the new shooter if I can.[thinking][wink]

DCunniff, LenS, Round Gun Shooter, C-pher
Thank you so much for your offers to take me out and test your guns, with the holidays I’ve been quite busy and haven’t had much time to get back to you on your offers, but it is something I would really like to take you up on at a later date. I appreciate your generosity. And as much of you have already suggested, I definitely want to trying shooting a potential carry gun before actually purchasing. Unfortunately when going to the range, rental guns are never anything worth renting anyway. So this offer will be very helpful. Thank you [cheers]

As well hasn't been the best weather conditions for new shooters either. Sometimes slow works. Lot of people buy an initial gun and lose interest in the model or features once they shoot it enough.

Dana

Back
Top Bottom