• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Recommendations for female shooters

I am a beginner female shooter/gun owner and I’m starting to build up my collection of guns, safety gear, shooting clothes, accessories, and etc.

For a lack of a better word, I like to identify myself as "girly" and would like to purchase products to show off my feminine side.

Any recommendations out there for where I can get cute female tailored merchandise for shooting?

Thanks [smile]

Last edited:
Welcome to NES. I'm also a woman, but I'm the opposite of a "girly girl", so I don't know if I can help you. It is nice to see more girls getting into shooting though. Are you looking for holsters & other items that work well with women's bodies, or are you looking more for cute guns that are pink? [grin]
-Ana

I would start with a set of heavy leather chaps since this thread will bring out all the forum leghumpers.[smile]
Aside from that, most "sporting" bags double as a range bag so I am sure you can find girly bags to stow gear in. Non-gun specific things you will need include glasses and a hat so you can find that stuff anywhere.

Welcome to NES. I'm also a woman, but I'm the opposite of a "girly girl", so I don't know if I can help you. It is nice to see more girls getting into shooting though. Are you looking for holsters & other items that work well with women's bodies, or are you looking more for cute guns that are pink? [grin]
-Ana

Thanks!
Probably a little of both. I'm not totally into the pink guns, but I am in process for setting up a pink sling for my 10/22 [grin]

I would start with a set of heavy leather chaps since this thread will bring out all the forum leghumpers.
Aside from that, most "sporting" bags double as a range bag so I am sure you can find girly bags to stow gear in. Non-gun specific things you will need include glasses and a hat so you can find that stuff anywhere.

Leather chaps huh? Do they have to be ass-less?
I think I am going to buy the pink glasses and cable lock from Packing in Pink

as of yesterday, i have four first time female shooters in my immediate vicinity who really don't want to learn from their husbands, but have had their eyes opened. i'm looking for recommendations on where to send them where they'll be comfortable learning from another woman. [wink]

I adjusted the thread title to better match the posts.
To: Recommendations for female shooters

At the last Big E I attended there was a bubbly young girl selling jewelry that she makes out of spent pistol cartridges. I bought one for an old flame that was visiting me and gave it to her last week. The one I bought is the .45acp shell. Really nice looking, very unique.

Here's her website page with "pistol Petals"

http://www.jenuinelyjeni.com/store/page2.html

If you're looking for "girly firearm related accessories", I'd say this would be right up your alley! [grin]

At the last Big E I attended there was a bubbly young girl selling jewelry that she makes out of spent pistol cartridges. I bought one for an old flame that was visiting me and gave it to her last week. The one I bought is the .45acp shell. Really nice looking, very unique.

If you're looking for "girly firearm related accessories", I'd say this would be right up your alley! [grin]

Holy cow, that stuff is pretty.

I thought those were illegal in MA without a FID because they were a component

(only kidding)

Thanks!
Probably a little of both. I'm not totally into the pink guns, but I am in process for setting up a pink sling for my 10/22 [grin]]

Welcome to the forum, Kaisha! [wave] While most of the folks here are male, there are quite a few women. I can't offer any help as to accessories that you might like, but I'm sure you'll get some good suggestions. Hopefully, they won't to be too risque. [wink]

Leather chaps huh? Do they have to be ass-less?
I think I am going to buy the pink glasses and cable lock from Packing in Pink

Somehow, Kaisha, I have the feeling that you're going to fit in here very well. [laugh]

That website is great! I may be buying a few Christmas gifts from this lady.

This is a 100% true story.

A good buddy of mine introduced his wife to fly fishing for the first time. She was reluctant initially but got "hooked" and decided to get outfitted properly with women's waders, wading coat etc. They are cut differently as my wife (also a fly-fisherperson) has told me.

The clerk at Orvis let her try on a pair of women's waders and they fit perfectly. She was thrilled. The first question out of her mouth, however, was "what other colors do they come in"? Honest go God.

I can't think of one item that isn't "unisex" when it comes to shooting gear outside of, maybe, a shooting coat for high-power competition rifle shooting. The only other items might be a custom painted grip or even rifle depending on the make. I, personally, have no problems with a pink handled S&W .38 special. Heck, my daughter want's one for Christmas. Outside of that, however, most of what you'll find has a purpose to the coatings. We're all thrilled to have you joined the fraternity. It's not just for the male sex, after all, but open for everyone. Most of the best shooters I've instructed have been women. Something about their physic that makes them more balanced shooters with handguns. Enjoy the grear as it is! Make your statements with your t-shirts and ear-muffs or an occasional grip set for that special revolver.

At a recent shoot I was an assistant RSO, one of the shooters with her .357 revolver was a lady in a fur coat, earrings, and heels. She walked to the shooting position like she'd done it a 100 times before, knocked down 5 plates with 6 shots (one was low) and walked back complaining that she'd lost one shot. The guys there were all in jeans, sneakers and t-shirts or sweatshirts. She did it right!

Rome

I built this for my girlfriend

AR with pink furniture and a spikes .22lr upper
attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCN0493.JPG
    DSCN0493.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 379
I am a beginner female shooter/gun owner and I’m starting to build up my collection of guns, safety gear, shooting clothes, accessories, and etc.

For a lack of a better word, I like to identify myself as "girly" and would like to purchase products to show off my feminine side.

Any recommendations out there for where I can get cute female tailored merchandise for shooting?

Thanks [smile]

You might be interested in this pistol: http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...angId=-1&parent_category_rn=15711&isFirearm=Y

As for femine shooting accessories, there aren't many because the demand is low.

220073_thumb.jpg

as of yesterday, i have four first time female shooters in my immediate vicinity who really don't want to learn from their husbands, but have had their eyes opened. i'm looking for recommendations on where to send them where they'll be comfortable learning from another woman.

SigSauer Academy in Exeter, NH has women only classes. Look here: http://www.sigsaueracademy.com/Courses/ShowCourses.aspx?ccid=31

As for safety, please keep the following in mind:

Casings from guns are HOT. Think about exposed skin when selecting your wardrobe. Closed necklines, shirts that stay tucked in, or are long enough to cover your lower back when in a prone position, and a hat to keep casings from hitting places on your face. The fashion can be your choice, but try to keep the basics covered.

K-Dub is quite modest. Her presence on any range always gets noticed. You don't have to be a girly girl to be treated like a lady.

As for accessories, I'd look first at things that make your time easier, and then consider the fashion. Unfortunately many items are quite utilitarian in nature and little can be done to change that.

If you are artistic, there is always the option of doing your own paint work. If you search you'll see people that have done camo patterns and other stuff. No reason you can't paint in primary colors instead.

There are also things like patches and custom embroidery that you can use to jazz up an outfit. Many years ago, one female member of the pistol league had her team jacket custom embroidered with "I shoot like a girl" on one sleeve.

Most important of all, HAVE FUN. If it gets too serious, you might find yourself no longer looking forward to the outings.

You need a ball cap if you're shooting to keep the hot cartridges out of your hair and away from your collar. Might I suggest you wear a cute ball cap with your hair in a ponytail sticking out the little hole in back of the cap above the adjustment band. I find that to be incredibly sexy, as do most men I know. You could also probably find some good fitting 5.11 tactical pants cut for women that highlight your curvacious bum and hips but that still give you plenty of room in the leg pockets. That and a good fitting T-shirt and a good quality belt, kydex OWB holster, and some Doc Martens, and I'll be ready to leave my wife for you, if you are as intelligent as you are good looking.

Good luck.

as of yesterday, i have four first time female shooters in my immediate vicinity who really don't want to learn from their husbands, but have had their eyes opened. i'm looking for recommendations on where to send them where they'll be comfortable learning from another woman. [wink]
My wife just completed the "Basic Practical Handgun Skills - Women Only" at SigSauer Academy in Epping. By women for women. Very good course.

As for safety, please keep the following in mind:

Casings from guns are HOT. Think about exposed skin when selecting your wardrobe. Closed necklines, shirts that stay tucked in, or are long enough to cover your lower back when in a prone position, and a hat to keep casings from hitting places on your face. The fashion can be your choice, but try to keep the basics covered.

K-Dub is quite modest. Her presence on any range always gets noticed. You don't have to be a girly girl to be treated like a lady.

As for accessories, I'd look first at things that make your time easier, and then consider the fashion. Unfortunately many items are quite utilitarian in nature and little can be done to change that.

If you are artistic, there is always the option of doing your own paint work. If you search you'll see people that have done camo patterns and other stuff. No reason you can't paint in primary colors instead.

There are also things like patches and custom embroidery that you can use to jazz up an outfit. Many years ago, one female member of the pistol league had her team jacket custom embroidered with "I shoot like a girl" on one sleeve.

Most important of all, HAVE FUN. If it gets too serious, you might find yourself no longer looking forward to the outings.

Rep points to you! Well said. I was trying to think of a way to say this, but nothing I typed sounded right.

In point of fact, all of the NES women I have met so far, both personally and on line, have been ladies in the finest sense of the word.

-Ana

I'm with K-Dub on this I am not a girly girl either. To me my weapons will never be anything than the way they were intended. My AR is black, my pistols are the way they come, and if anything has a wood stock it will stay that way.
Everyone has their preferences, but anyways Welcome and hope you enjoy it here.[grin]

My wife just completed the "Basic Practical Handgun Skills - Women Only" at SigSauer Academy in Epping. By women for women. Very good course.

How did your wife like the course? I just took a look at the description online and it sounds very interesting.

She was very impressed, and recommends the course highly. She felt both instructors (Linda Harris and Christine Painchaud) were professional, competent, and highly effective instructors. There were 16 women in the class, and all shooting was done in two relays, so you had two instructors and eight students on the line. The course curriculum was well laid out, using a building-block approach. This was billed as a "102" level course, and students were expected to have a basic familiarity with firearms. Subjects covered included grip, stance, trigger control, the draw/present from the holster, reloading (administrative, tactical, and emergency), failure-to-stop drills, etc.

Although we have shot together before (one of my favorite pictures here:)

TerryShooting.jpg

her comment was that, following completion of this course, it's the first time she feels she can take "ownership" of the weapon. Her comfort level has increased a great deal.

It's unfortunate you live in MA (well, not just you. It's unfortunate anyone lives in MA, but I digress...), or at least so far south. My club is having a "women and guns" training day on Nov 14. You'd be more than welcome to attend. I don't know the planned curriculum yet, but I do know the program is in direct response to the murder Mont Vernon.

Hope this helps.

Nothing I have was bought because it was girly.. I buy things I like, that fit, and are comfortable. I will not buy a pink gun, but my safety glasses are youth, because my head is small..lol I saw pink electronic ear muffs at First Defense, that I might have to get..[laugh]
Welcome to the sport.. [smile]

Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great suggestions already in this thread for you to think about.

Welcome to the forum.

I happen to buy things that are girly for shooting and seek them out. I own 2 pink .22lr one sig mosquito and the other is a ruger 10/22. I do own a M&P9c which I love (other than the trigger but that will be fixed soon) I plan on purchasing a shotgun and having it done up in pink.

A lot of the being girly and having gun related stuff is searching it out. Right now a lot of places are doing breast cancer awareness so you can find some items in pink. I picked up pink ear muffs and pink trap bag from Champion and couldn't be happier with them. Bulldog bags also makes pink rifle and range bags. The one problem I have had is finding a holster I love but with anyone that is trial and error.

you can pm if you have any questions I am new to the sport and have only been into it for about a year but have learned a lot from this website and at the club I joined. You may also want to check out a Women on Target event as I have sent my mother and sister to those events which have made them love the sport also.

Back
Top Bottom