• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

recommendations for CC

I looking for recommendations for a carry gun. Let me know what you use and how you carry it. Thanks

C

Shield 9mm, iwb. Fits my hand great and is comfortable and concealable. My desantia cozy partner leaves a bit to be desired though. Also, completely reliable through about 200 rounds.

Narrowing down what you're looking for even a little bit would yield the best results too.

Last edited:
- Bodyguard 380 in alabama holster pocket holster
- springfield xds in knock off comp tac iwb
- 1911 cco in .357 sig when it is built in n82 or comp tac

I carry a full size 1911 in a shoulder holster a lot. Most of the time I carry a Sig 229 OWB or in a shoulder rig. When it is very warm I carry a Kahr PM9 in a pocket holster.

However, there are a lot of factors that go into choosing a carry gun. Body type, clothes and most importantly, what you shoot effectively. There is no point carrying a 44 magnum, snubby if you can not hit your target.

Belt and holster are key.... and also belt and holster are key.

Need something I can carry with a shirt tucked in, I was thinking about a small 380. really want a year round carry option. I know in the winter I can carry my M&P 9 but I'd like something for year round 380 or up. maybe a shield not sure...... Thanks for the input so far.

Last edited:
Do not get a .380, I know I shouldn't say what not to carry, but seriously. Underpowered, expensive caliber. I wouldn't even carry one in a backup CCW. I'd get a Free-State Shield if I could or do trigger work on a MA model. Look at the PM9 too.

Do not get a .380, I know I shouldn't say what not to carry, but seriously. Underpowered, expensive caliber. I wouldn't even carry one in a backup CCW. I'd get a Free-State Shield if I could or do trigger work on a MA model. Look at the PM9 too.

A .380 may be "underpowered" but 1) you probably don't want to get shot by one and 2) it's better than nothing, no? [grin]

A .380 may be "underpowered" but 1) you probably don't want to get shot by one and 2) it's better than nothing, no? [grin]

I wouldn't want to carry one. Sorry [grin]

And no, any guy that carries a .380 as his EDC better take a step back and reevaluate his life. [rofl]

SR9C in N82 holster. Same holster holds nice and snug my full size Sr45.

This also. Love my SR9c. Just ordered a replacement kydex so I can swap my XDs out and carry this in the White Hat if I want. So awesome.

the PM9 looks to be smaller

The PM9 is significantly smaller. The Shield is not a gun that you can pocket carry but initial reports about the Shield are mostly favorable

+1

Still drooling over the PM9 and I don't know why. Definitely a solid CCW from range reports all over the interwebs.

Thanks for all the input, I'd really like a 9mm carry option maybe even a 38 or 357, I just need to find that one that fits well.

I carry a glock 19 and it is excellent but is a bit big for my tastes for daily carry. Recently got a body gaurd 380 and am carrying it IWB in a hybrid holster and pocket carry. Love it perfect size to not really notice it and have it very comfortably concealed. A 380 on your hip is better than a 50 at home. Buy what you will carry.

PM9 was on my list but at 800+ for a non MA version its pricey BG was an easy choice for me at $370 when I bought it

Sig P220 in an OWB holster with a t-shirt over it. I'm an average sized guy so I'm sure I print like a bastard, but I stopped caring a while ago.

If you shoot me with a 380, and I find out about it, I'm going to be pissed. [smile]

I carry a G26 in an appendix. I'm always searching for something better but that's been my choice for over a year now.

Sig p239 in 357sig with an iwb crossbreed holster...when I carry which isn't everyday since its not allowed where I work.

I put $100 down on a waiting list for a shield 9 compact, got a s@w 617 22 revolver and shot it for a year, went to a concealed carry class back in october, 2 weeks ago I got sick of waiting I bought a ruger lc9 w/lasermax. I've put about 300 rounds through it without a hitch, can carry it with a bating suit and tank top and it is not noticeable. The trigger is very difficult to master, the lasermax trigger guard has an inset that catches my finger on recoil almost like a hangnail so I have to have the trigger on the first joint and my finger sticking out past the guard to be comfortable. Once I got used to that accuracy improved greatly but it's not a target pistol and it breaks so far back it is silly. I really like it so far if I get a call for the shield I will probably keep it as a nightstand gun since it's got the laser.

deep concealment: .380 keystered in a desantis nemesis.

small: glock 26 in crossbreed copy from local member.

full size: glock 17 in blade-tech nano, or HK P30 in one of andy's leather holsters until my 2nd nano comes in.

Back
Top Bottom