Recommendations for an SBR bolt action rifle

JRT

NES Member
I want to build an SBR bolt action rifle on a skeletonize chassis with a side folder. The obvious choice would be 300 Blackout but I have that covered with my Honey Badger and I have an order in for the Mini-Fix. So I have 300BLK and 8.6 Creedmoor covered. I would like it to be a 30 caliber or under since I want to shoot it suppressed and I don't want to buy a Hybrid can or some other shit before the 8.6 cans are available. Ideally the barrel length would be between 8 and 12 inches. I'm not looking to reach 1000 so ballistics are not important beyond the right twist rate. I will use this to put holes in stuff around the farm out to 300 yards. Whats a fun caliber? Maybe 243?

You might want to build one on a Savage action with "Accutrigger". We have one in .308 and one in .223, both with 22" barrels. My daughter's .22 is a 16.5" Savage heavy barrel, the same model used by famous alligator hunter Troy Landry. All are inexpensive, well-made, and extremely accurate. That BATFE tax stamp is $200 each, so these rifles are a real bargain for your total platform.

Back
Top Bottom