Recommendation on Sig 365 IWB Holster

My 365XL has been on my right 3:30 every day for the last year. It’s in an MK Tek IWB kydex. The gun lives in horrible conditions. I work construction and it takes a beating. It moves very little from the 3:30 position and retention is excellent. MK Tek is in Rockland MA. Everything is patterned and built in-house. Custom configurations are no problem, and they will fit the holster to your carry style. It’s also Veteran owned (Army Ranger). In case its not obvious, I’m a very satisfied customer.

I have a question about the crossbreed type holsters, for those of you who use them. I currently use the Vedder light tuck for my 365 and I’m happy with it, but I’ve never tried one of these larger (read wider) holsters. I just picked up the xl and trying to figure out what to get for it. Do they conceal better, the same or not as well as the more minimal type holsters? Is it more about weight distribution?

Like everyone else, I have a box of holsters which I tried and...did not work out.

I have been wearing my Sig 365XL in a Comp-Tac MTAC holster (at 4 o'clock) for a few months:

I have several MTACs, for different pistols. This is why I went with them:
- Hybrid: Leather on the inside (leather is far more comfortable, I found Kydex on the inside to be uncomfortable, even with a t-shirt layer). It uses kydex on the outside to get a good fit on the pistol.
- Layer of leather keeps the hardware (screw sockets, etc.) off the skin
- Well designed clips hold the belt aggressively. Beware the simple metal clips or clips made out of kydex some brands use. You don't want to draw and find yourself pointing your holster at the baddie, fruitlessly clawing at the side with your trigger finger.
- Variety of clip designs and colors (black, brown, etc., to match your belt), and they are individually height-adjustable. The clips are not absurdly wide and don't have the friggen company logo showing...
- $80 (quite reasonable)
- If you change pistols, you can just buy a new Kydex piece for $20 and convert it to a different gun.

I can't find anything better than MTACs, I do not understand why they are not more popular.

I don't know but when I asked, I was told you need to scratch the hell out of your carry gun and get a scratchy holster or else you won't use it when you need to. Something lined with sand paper if you can find it.

I have a question about the crossbreed type holsters, for those of you who use them. I currently use the Vedder light tuck for my 365 and I’m happy with it, but I’ve never tried one of these larger (read wider) holsters. I just picked up the xl and trying to figure out what to get for it. Do they conceal better, the same or not as well as the more minimal type holsters? Is it more about weight distribution?
I'd say they conceal just as well, at least in most cases. I do find that the claw on the Vedder light tuck does keep the butt in closer to the body but I have Crossbreeds for other holsters and they work well and they're comfortable.

Like everyone else, I have a box of holsters which I tried and...did not work out.

I have been wearing my Sig 365XL in a Comp-Tac MTAC holster (at 4 o'clock) for a few months:

I have several MTACs, for different pistols. This is why I went with them:
- Hybrid: Leather on the inside (leather is far more comfortable, I found Kydex on the inside to be uncomfortable, even with a t-shirt layer). It uses kydex on the outside to get a good fit on the pistol.
- Layer of leather keeps the hardware (screw sockets, etc.) off the skin
- Well designed clips hold the belt aggressively. Beware the simple metal clips or clips made out of kydex some brands use. You don't want to draw and find yourself pointing your holster at the baddie, fruitlessly clawing at the side with your trigger finger.
- Variety of clip designs and colors (black, brown, etc., to match your belt), and they are individually height-adjustable. The clips are not absurdly wide and don't have the friggen company logo showing...
- $80 (quite reasonable)
- If you change pistols, you can just buy a new Kydex piece for $20 and convert it to a different gun.

I can't find anything better than MTACs, I do not understand why they are not more popular.
Do they make a version for the P365 with a TLR-6 light attached?

Back
Top Bottom