• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Recommend a range in Springfield area?

Hi I am looking for a range in the Springfield area. I am in Longmeadow and would like to shoot rifle and shotgun, Maybe even take up trap/skeet. I have looked around on the web and havent found much.

Thanks

Chicopee Sportsman's Club in Granby has rifle, shotgun, and pistol ranges. The membership cost is VERY reasonable, the ranges are not overly busy, and they hold pin & plate shoots and M1 Garand competitions there regularly.

I'm considering joining CSC myself, I've heard good things. I was a member at Westfield for awhile and it's an excellent range for rifle shooting. It was a bit of a haul for me, though, so I let my membership expire. You didn't mention pistol, but if that interests you at all I cannot say enough good things about Agawam Revolver Club. It's not the best for centerfire rifle as the outdoor range is only around 75 yards, but for .22 rifle it's great. The indoor pistol range is fantastic, though.

http://www.springfieldsportsmansclub.com/ Check out the SSC in Monson. They have 2 rifle & shotgun ranges( up to 300 yards ) and a skeet range too with lots of different competions going on there. They just started the Cowboy Shoots on the weekends, check the calendar. Membership is very reasonable and everyone there is really nice. PM me if you want to come and check it out sometime.

Dave

I'm also a member at Springfield Sportsmans Club in Monson. I highly recommend joining the club.

Along with the 2 rifle ranges and the skeet field, they have a pistol range which has 3 seperate bunkers.

Westfield sportsmens club

I am sorry that I can no longer recommend the Westfield Sportsmans club. I have been a member there for may years an I have enjoyed every outing to the club until the recent rule changes (march 2009) that are a direct result of the tragedy that occurred at the machine gun shot. The bottom line is that the rules changes (among other things) have destroyed any concept of a family membership. The long and short of the two pages of new rules is that to use a handgun you must be 21 and the handing and use of rifles and shotguns is limited to persons 18 or older unless the minor has their own FID card which they can get at the age of 15.

WSC didn't even have the guts to inform their members, you find out when you get to the range and all kinds of new signs are up all over the place. If I had brought a kid to shoot I would have been ballistic as he would have not been allowed to shoot.

I will not be renewing my membership this fall and I will be surprised if the WSC survives.

Bob

I, too, am interested in a club in the Westfield area. I work in Westfield and anticipate quite a few "shooting" lunch breaks in the near future. I'd really like to hear any more info that the folks here may have to share about the Westfield and/or Agawam clubs.

Thanks in advance.

check out the fairview sportsmans fish and game assoc. its on carver st in granby. memberships are among the lowest in the state. we have rifle and pistol ranges, archery and a trap field. we also have a pond that is kept stocked year round, as a member you have access to just over 400 acres of club property. if you have atvs there is plenty of room to ride them too.

bob

Last edited:
Spfld Sportsmans club in monson is the way to go, has everything and my membership is 45 a year bcs I was a college student when i joined. Graduated yeah now i have to go to afghanistan!!!!!!!!!

I was at the Springfield Sportsman Club's 100 yard range on Monday around 3:30 with a friend, we had the range to ourselves for about an hour and half, then one other individual showed up. Most of the times I have been there, it has never been crowed. It's only 10 minutes from my house in E. Long.

I was at the Springfield Sportsman Club's 100 yard range on Monday around 3:30 with a friend, we had the range to ourselves for about an hour and half, then one other individual showed up. Most of the times I have been there, it has never been crowed. It's only 10 minutes from my house in E. Long.

What kind of helicopter do you fly there?

What kind of helicopter do you fly there?

Thats what I wanna know! It takes me more than 10 minutes to get there and I LIVE in Monson...

I second SSC its great, not very many people are there and the people who do go there are great. the trap is fun and so is skeet, They also have lil shooting competitions. I am also a member there, it only cost me about 150 bucks to join and that was with the presever membership (would have been 50 im a student ) but i threw in another 100 with my dad for the game preserve. looking to do a hunt in the up coming weeks maybe. they have nice place all covered shooting stations pistol, 100 and 300 yard ranges. The caretakers AL and Diane are very nice people. Its not very far im in EL and it takes me about 20min or less to get to the club and now since the road work is over it should even be less.

Last edited:
Anyone know of anyplace further north? I live in Chicopee, and have access to several ranges, I currently belong to S&W and Chicopee Sportsmens Club, but am changing to Fairview (only thing I didn't like about CSC was only members can shoot on the ranges - not good for getting new blood into shooting).

Speaking of new blood, that is the reason I ask. I finally got a friend of mine to go shooting at S&W, and now she wants the whole deal: class, license, .22 and CCW. She lives in Greenfield, so most places around here are a haul - anyone know of anything in Greenfield area?

Anyone know of anyplace further north? I live in Chicopee, and have access to several ranges, I currently belong to S&W and Chicopee Sportsmens Club, but am changing to Fairview (only thing I didn't like about CSC was only members can shoot on the ranges - not good for getting new blood into shooting).

Speaking of new blood, that is the reason I ask. I finally got a friend of mine to go shooting at S&W, and now she wants the whole deal: class, license, .22 and CCW. She lives in Greenfield, so most places around here are a haul - anyone know of anything in Greenfield area?

Tuna, pm inbound

Back
Top Bottom