Recommend a company to ship ammo to Texas

depicts

Army Veteran
NES Member
I want to send a person I met on another forum 1 50 round Box of .32 Long Colt Remington Ammo.

I have asked him to send me a statement of his age and that he is not prohibited, as well as his ID.

Now my question is, who do you guys recommend to ship it?

I was going to use UPS, but in advanced search I found some people very displeased. I've been happy with their service.

Does anyone use UPS to ship ammo OUT of state?

What companies would you suggest?

Appreciate it,

Bill

UPS is pretty much the only company that will do ammo. I'm not even sure FedEx takes ammo and I know USPS doesn't.

UPS,just stick an ORM-D sticker on it and you are good to go.You HAVE to take it to a real UPS service center(Shrewsbury,Chelmsford) not the UPS Store(Mailboxes etc) They overcharge you anyway.

You could also take it to a place like Ace Hardware that offers UPS shipping.Pay for the shipping,get a sticker and find a UPS driver to give it to if you aren't comfortable leaving it at the store.That's how I sent my Rifle to TX.

FedEx Ground will take it as well.

Last edited:
UPS also has a full service center in Brockton, the road just east of Industrial Blvd...south end of the city kinda near W. Bridgewater...

I have placed some ORM-D stickers in www.uspsa.org/shipping_ammo. The one without the white border works our really when printed on Avery 5163/8163 or equivalent 2"x4" shipping labels.

- You cannot use a "pack and send", even if it says "UPS Store". UPS stores aren't :)

- You can't ship by air

- Package must have "Cartridges, Small Arms ORM-D" stickers visible.

- You must have the shipper pick up or use a UPS or Fedex depot (there is a UPS one in Ashland and a Feded one in Framingam)

- If the clerk claims loaded ammos "Hazmat", (s)he is wrong. ORM-D/Cartirdges, Small Arms is not hazmat and does not require a hazmat surcharge.

Thanks guys for the great information. And Rob, thanks for the labels. The Brockton center isn't too far from me, thanks Mooney, I'll try there.

I should have mentioned I want to ship a pistol back to Browning for a repair also. I guess the UPS center can do that too, but are there any special handling requirements I should know? Seems I shipped one back to Ruger through UPS, and had no trouble, just don't remember the process.

Last edited:
Pull down their Tariffs (from the UPS website) and print out the pertinent part and bring it with you whenever you ship guns/ammo.

Rob, I've also been told by UPS that if you create an online account (free), pre-pay and print the label (you "notify" shipper of contents in preparing the label so info shows up in the UPS system but NOT on the label), you can HAND the package with a gun or ammo to ANY UPS DRIVER (tell him/her what the contents are verbally). Haven't tried it yet (I've done this with packages, just not firearms related), but if you stake out one of those UPS boxes at pickup time (usually 5-6PM) in almost every town, that might be an alternative to driving long distances to the UPS Depots.

Tried to ship a carbine to myself and UPS clerk demanded to see my C&R which I did not have on me. Annoyed me to no end.

I have shipped ammo via Fedex, no problem. A friend shipped his ammo to CA for the Steel Challenge via UPS, it never arrived.

Back
Top Bottom