• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Recoil Buffers

SKS Ray

NES Member
Anyone use them? If so what brand are you using?

I have one in my 10/22 target rifle. Not sure if it makes much difference but when building it I added every little extra goodie I could afford at the time.

I know they're questionable in SKS type rifles. Cycling problems can happen in some models like Yugoslavian ones.

One rifle I'm definitely considering putting one in is my Romak 3 because of the thin sheet metal receiver. Some say you can shoot heavier grain ammo with a recoil buffer in a Romak but I'm not sure I'd chance it still.

I had one that came with an "M1A/M14 Survival Kit" I bought from West Texas Armory when I got my SOCOM-16. I fired about 500 rounds without it, then installed it and never looked back. I can't tell you that it reduces recoil, but I can tell you there's no "clank" against the receiver....

I put one in my 10/22, Mini-14 and 2 out of 3 SKS's. I noticed some feeding problems in the Mini and pulled that one, no problems noted with the others.

Back
Top Bottom