Ream or Swage

So i got all this military brass and my question is do i spend $100 to get a dillion swager 600 or get a used rockchucker and a Primer Pocket Swager die? Or is there another option? Does anyone know if the swager die works with a Lee single stage press?
Thanks,
MB

Last edited:
So i got all this military brass and my question is do i spend $100 to get a dillion swager 600 or get a used rockchucker and a Primer Pocket Swager die? Or is there another option? Does anyone know if the swager die works with a Lee single stage press?
Thanks,
MB

I have the Dillon and would not be without it ! It makes swaging military brass a snap ! I've done about a 1,000 with another 3,000 to go (have to shoot them first).

regards....roger

I've had equally good luck with the RCBS swager.

I would stay away from reaming, which creates the risk (indeed, near certainty) of non-uniform and overly expanded primer pockets.

I can't comment on reaming since I have never done it but I own a Dillon Swager also and
if you are going to use any quantity of fired mil brass it is indispensable. I've swaged
thousands of .45ACP, .38 SPL, .32 H&R Mag (non-mil, tight pockets), .30-06, and .223 on it.

I can't comment on reaming since I have never done it but I own a Dillon Swager also and
if you are going to use any quantity of fired mil brass it is indispensable. I've swaged
thousands of .45ACP, .38 SPL, .32 H&R Mag (non-mil, tight pockets), .30-06, and .223 on it.

I think the Dillon is the way to go. Thanks Everyone!

I'll throw my 2 cents in also. The Dillon is hands-down the better of the two. I've used both, and would not be without it. Perfect primer pockets every time!

For pistol brass a swager die will work just fine. I have a CH die I have used for many years with great results. Then I got some 223 brass with a tight crimp that the CH die simply would not remove. I switched to the Dillon swager and the problem was solved. The Dillon was well worth the money but, if all I had to de-crimp was pistol brass, I would still be using the CH die (a great deal at $22).

Back
Top Bottom