Real life scenario and reprecussions

Or, you do nothing. He gets the money from the clerk then shoot him as he runs out the door. The police come, interview you and find out that you were carrying and did nothing to prevent the death.

IMHO, you do what you know is right at the time. You'll face a jury but hopefully justice will prevail.

What exactly would the police do if they found out you were carrying and did nothing?

Blow away the robber and then any witnesses that saw you do it. Burn the place to the ground to destroy the video evidence. Pile the bodies in your truck and remove them to the mountains and well off of any marked trails, bury them at least six feet deep. That number doesn't come out of a hat, guys, that's how deep it needs to be to keep the bodies from floating up to be discovered.

YMMV

- - - Updated - - -

What exactly would the police do if they found out you were carrying and did nothing?

In this state? You'd be vilified as one of those "gun nuts" AND be called a coward in the same newscast.

Blow away the robber and then any witnesses that saw you do it. Burn the place to the ground to destroy the video evidence. Pile the bodies in your truck and remove them to the mountains and well off of any marked trails, bury them at least six feet deep. That number doesn't come out of a hat, guys, that's how deep it needs to be to keep the bodies from floating up to be discovered.

WOW you have a plan

First of all, whiy would they know you were carrying? Second Nothing. You are not under no obligation to help someone, you are not protected if you do. If there were some sort of Samaritan protection like there is with CPR, where as long as you were doing the right thing all set, maybe. But the police have made it perfectly clear, don't get involved let us handle it.

YMMV
You forgot "run for office as a Democrat". [laugh]

YMMV

- - - Updated - - -

In this state? You'd be vilified as one of those "gun nuts" AND be called a coward in the same newscast.

Oh well.....at least I can watch the newscast on the flat screen in the comfort of my living room rather than hearing about it in jail from someone who came for a visit.

It is 8:30 pm on a sunday night in Massachusetts and you have work the next morning. You head down to your local cumberland farms to get some 1% milk for your cereal tomorrow morning. You walk to the back of the store, select your milk and proceed to stand in line.

The line has 4 people in it (you being the last) The man directly in front of you presents a sawed off shotgun and demands everybody to the floor and then trains his weapon on the store clerk. Without making a single sound you pull out your polished kimber 1911 and proceed to blow his head off his shoulders at point blank.

Legally whats next?

Are you a hero? Or since this is MA are you now living the rest of your days at cedar junction (walpole)?

Not sure what the legal ramifications of owning a 1911 are, as I carry a Glock and don't need a fancy pistol with mirrors and dragon scales encrusted with rubys. LOL JK

I think the question is: Do you want to be financially ruined personally and probably spend a significant amount of time in jail in order to save Cumby's $50?

Jump out to the front of the line tell the perp he's doing it wrong, pull out your 1911 point it at the clerk and tell him " Open the ****en safe " turn to the perp and say " see Dope this is how its done " grab the doe, pistol whip the perp and grab a large Latte and calmly stroll out the door.

Capitalism, thee end.

Tactical roll behind the Lay's rack, rack the slide twice to get my 2 safety bullets out of the chamber, then throw on my gas mask and throw out my combo Flashbang/Smoke grenade. Wait for Cumby's to fill with smoke, run by the perp, giving him a judo chop to the back of the neck while simultaneously snatching the sawed off. Tie him up with your tactical twisty ties, and call 9-1-1. That is the ONLY option.

Tactical roll behind the Lay's rack, rack the slide twice to get my 2 safety bullets out of the chamber, then throw on my gas mask and throw out my combo Flashbang/Smoke grenade. Wait for Cumby's to fill with smoke, run by the perp, giving him a judo chop to the back of the neck while simultaneously snatching the sawed off. Tie him up with your tactical twisty ties, and call 9-1-1. That is the ONLY option.

Did you put on your batman disguise before, after or during the tactical roll?

Massachusetts Jury Instructions for defense of others:

Society wishes to encourage all of us to come to the aid of each other when that is necessary. Therefore, a person may use reasonable force when that is necessary to help another person, if it reasonably appears that the person being aided is in a situation where the law would allow him to act in self-defense himself.
If there is any evidence in this case that the defendant may have been coming to the aid of another person, you must find the defendant not guilty unless the Commonwealth proves beyond a reasonable doubt at least one of the following two things:

First: That a reasonable person in the defendant’s position would not have believed that his (her) use of force was necessary in order to protect [third party] ; or
Second: That to a reasonable person in the defendant’s position would not have believed that [third party] was justified in using such force in his (her) own self-defense.

So when does a person have a right to act in self-defense?

<Here instruct on self-defense.>

Defense of another is a complete defense

Literally laughed out loud when iI got to the 2 safety bullets. Well done.

If the BG didn't see you were armed, and you're already trained on the back of his head, why not give the BG an opportunity to lay his shotgun down? If he starts to swing it towards you, blammo. Self defense?

Jump out to the front of the line tell the perp he's doing it wrong, pull out your 1911 point it at the clerk and tell him " Open the ****en safe " turn to the perp and say " see Dope this is how its done " grab the doe, pistol whip the perp and grab a large Latte and calmly stroll out the door.

Capitalism, thee end.

You forgot "grab the sawed off for your collection"! carry on...

Back
Top Bottom