Real life scenario and reprecussions

It is 8:30 pm on a sunday night in Massachusetts and you have work the next morning. You head down to your local cumberland farms to get some 1% milk for your cereal tomorrow morning. You walk to the back of the store, select your milk and proceed to stand in line.

The line has 4 people in it (you being the last) The man directly in front of you presents a sawed off shotgun and demands everybody to the floor and then trains his weapon on the store clerk. Without making a single sound you pull out your polished kimber 1911 and proceed to blow his head off his shoulders at point blank.

Legally whats next?

Are you a hero? Or since this is MA are you now living the rest of your days at cedar junction (walpole)?

I'm going with it is a Cumberland farms let the guy walk out with the $50 in cash and let the LEOs handle it because shooting the guy from behind is going to make it hard to prove self defense

It is 8:30 pm on a sunday night in Massachusetts and you have work the next morning. You head down to your local cumberland farms to get some 1% milk for your cereal tomorrow morning. You walk to the back of the store, select your milk and proceed to stand in line.

The line has 4 people in it (you being the last) The man directly in front of you presents a sawed off shotgun and demands everybody to the floor and then trains his weapon on the store clerk. Without making a single sound you pull out your polished kimber 1911 and proceed to blow his head off his shoulders at point blank.

Legally whats next?

Are you a hero? Or since this is MA are you now living the rest of your days at cedar junction (walpole)?

IANAL, but I believe the latter, sadly.

After all, the guy with the shotgun was just a poor kid trying to turn his life around </sarcasm>

He was just turning his life around, and you shot him in cold blood from behind, and all for milk that wasn't even yours!

The law states that you can intervene to assist someone who's in imminent danger of serious bodily injury or death. The argument could be made that he wasn't in danger because if he gave up the cash the BG would just flee. In Mass. that's just not worth the risk.

What was the final outcome of the guy who shot the maniac who was stabbing his psychiatrist at MA General a few years ago? That was a case of using deadly force to protect a third party.

I think that guy might have been an off-duty LEO, or something similar, so he may have had different rules applied.

images

Or, you do nothing. He gets the money from the clerk then shoot him as he runs out the door. The police come, interview you and find out that you were carrying and did nothing to prevent the death.

IMHO, you do what you know is right at the time. You'll face a jury but hopefully justice will prevail.

I've pondered that very same (or similar) hypothetical question myself many times, and have come to the conclusion that I would mmofb if he didn't threaten me personally. I'm not a cop, so I know interfering would likely get MY rights revoked, and possible jail time, or at least crushing legal debt, so like I said, live and let live unless he points the sawed off at me, then it's game on.

I never go to convenience stores, but if in that situation I would likely have the 1911 in hand a ready in case he turned around and pointed that barrel at me. If he didn't, then screw cumbie's money, I couldn't care less about their finainces.

You know the best thing to bring to a gun fight? Nothing, don't go.

Because I carry pretty much every day I often run these "what if" scenarios in my head. Unfortunetly I think here in MA I am waiting for him to fire first or point it at me or a loved one. Pretty sad because that will usually mean an innocent person will probably die before you fire a shot. And why the F will my spell checker not find the word "unfortunetily"[crying]

if you act and even if you "save just one life", it'll still take six months for the courts to decide to not charge YOU with a crime, ask the dude who shot the dude at MGH who was trying to cut up that doctor.

**** massachusetts.

combies would sue you

Also I carry for myself , wife , son , grandkids the rest of the world can go cry hide or carry

Heh, I wish it wasn't such a fine between hero and criminal here in mass but you could walk into a store tomorrow and this shit goes down. Its a tough guess at how you will react when your adrenaline is pumping...

What caliber is your kimber 1911? Or is it the polish that makes it capable to “blow his head off his shoulders”?

Back
Top Bottom