• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

READ THE FIRST POST Several preban ar15 mags available

I wonder if I could just have them shipped direct to my house and distribute from there? Firearms accessories are not regulated like that, and RI doesn't have a pre-ban post-ban thing...

If this happens, I will pick them up and redistribute in the north shore. I try to visit there enough anyway [laugh]

Are these mags crap, or are they decent?

This better happen soon, because they will go from 3,000 down to 30 in about 1 day with all the idiots out there panic buying.

I don't always use 30 round mags but when I do I prefer USGI.

I have Orlites and they are OK but can be beat up, cracking and near EOL.

For fitment issues read the following from Troy's mag FAQ

http://magfaq.tripod.com/mags2.htm#3i

Orlite magazines were developed for the Israeli Armed Forces. The bodies are made from high-melt-temp black nylon with a steel reinforement mesh imbedded in the top 1.5 inches to strengthen the feed lips. New Orlites come with a rubber cap to help keep sand out of the mag.
Orlites have a rib around the middle of the mag which helps to seal the bottom of the mag well and also prevents the magazine from being over-inserted and the feed lips damaged. The location of the rib was based on the deep mag well beveling on Colt M16s, and in ARs that aren't beveled as deeply, early Orlites won't seat completely. This is easily correctable by trimming a bit of material from the top surface of the over-insertion rib; just enough to allow the mag to seat. This problem only occurs with early Orlites with mold numbers from 0/1 to 0/19. Starting with batch 0/20, the rib was moved about 1/32" further down the mag body, and these later mags work in all ARs with no modification. Used Orlites are often found at gun shows with their over-insertion ribs completely ground off. Avoid these mags, as it's too easy for these mags to be over-inserted, banging the feedlips against the bolt or getting stuck.
Orlites are quite reliable, and were general issue in the Israeli Army through the 80s, but it was found that they don't hold up to hard combat use as well as USGI mags, which Israel switched to in the 90s.

the mags would be fine for fun at the range from everything i've read... doubt too many of us will see combat like the IDF did/does. well, not this week anyway. [rofl]

Holy shit, next person to say in is going to get pistol whipped.

Hey Farva!

What's the name of that place you always stay when you go out of town?... holiday something?

super-troopers.jpg

Hm, I'd take like 5-10. I don't really need more mags but eh what the hell I'll throw em in the safe. I'll also buy you 1 or 2 for your work to make this happen and trying to help out other NES'ers. Thanks! [cheers]

What FFL doesn't want to get involved? I don't get it. Just let us ship them to you, charge like an extra $2 per mag for a little profit. Done. How friggen hard is it.

Looks like it's time to delete the thread and contact FFLs and people personally or via IM. Nobody seems to get it's not a buy thread..... This post might be better off in the members forum anyway.

I don't think an FFL needs to worry about whether these will sell, at this point. I'd be worried they are still there for the deal, and not already sold.

Back
Top Bottom