Reach out, reach out and touch someone...

The Corps was using the Barret bolt action 15 years ago. The snipers I knew didn't care for them much and preferred the McMillians the Navy had. Our resident Marine sniper may have more info.

Here's my current favorite, for reaching out.

dragunov_click.jpg

The 107 is the same as our M82A3. We've had them in the Corps for...6 years or so. The A1 was a rush GWI issue. Quick item. It is NOT a sniper rifle. It is a SASR, Special Application Scoped Rifle. An anti-material rifle in other words.

It's big, heavy and awkward to use. The ammo is heavy, it kicks up a lot of dust/dirt/mist and so has a HUGE signature. That being said, it is nice to be able to put down a ZSU-23 or other lighter armored vehicles. Hell with 1800 yards on the scope and the ability to hit out to 2500+ you can really shut down an airfield or road.

Great for fixed positions and specific missions. On a regular patrol? Ummmmmm no.

Same Unertal 10X but it's BDC is set up for the 50 out to 1800. The blast is more of a bitch for the observer than shooter.

Well now we use US Optics. Some Urts still in the system, but they are going away. Kinda sucks since on the mill dots used to be baseball or footballs and now we also have softballs to deal with.

dwarven1 said:
Isn't it? Gary tells me it's on some Admiral's wall now. HE couldn't bring homw a souvenir, but an Admiral?? thought that there was a regulation against war souvenirs since GW1.

Some more pix of Gary at: http://mysite.verizon.net/dwarven1/Gary.htm

My Uncle was a CPT in the Navy during DS, and he brought home all sorts of cool stuff. I guess only enlisted guys get the shaft. Like that would surprise anyone here.

Back
Top Bottom